The MT-07 Forum

Hello Everyone, new guy here.

jsmith1107

Thanks for accepting me on this forum. I just purchase my first FZ 07 this past weekend and did a lot of research to get to this point. Some items my new bike has are Two Brothers S1R exhaust system, Power Commander, cruise control device, K&N intake kit, Rear fender eliminator, Plate mount, Grips, Yoshi taillight. I do have a few questions and would like advice/suggestions.

For the exhaust, the PO put the full Two Brothers Exhaust on it. It looks like a great exhaust but how do I "tone it down"? It is rather loud and would like less decibels.

For traveling, what does everyone use for saddlebags or luggage? I am thinking about 200 mile trips or so where I would stay when I get to my location so would want room for a change of clothes and other items.

For traveling again, what does everyone use for windshields that would break the wind a little? This one has a low windshield on it and because it is winter here, haven't really had a chance to try it out but assume it is too short.

For traveling again, I hear the stock seat could be uncomfortable. What does everyone do for that?

Thanks so much!

120719 FZ07 purchase.jpg

Welcome aboard! I can’t help with the questions regarding carrying gear because I don’t unless it fits in a backpack. 
I would contact 2 Brothers and see how they can help you lower the db’s although the rag stuffed in the pipe has to help some 🤣 

Taller windshields are available that will help more than what you have. I find my Puig Sport to be more cosmetic than anything. Puig makes a touring model I hear is decent. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that rag does help! haha.  It's winter (as you can tell by the photo) so I want to keep the dang mice out of the exhaust.  They will climb in anything. 

3 minutes ago, jsmith1107 said:

Yeah, that rag does help! haha.  It's winter (as you can tell by the photo) so I want to keep the dang mice out of the exhaust.  They will climb in anything. 

I get it and good idea!

rat GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! The windscreen on your bike appears to be the Givi model A2118, which I have on my bike. I rarely go on highways and mostly stay on the backroads. It works for me, but sounds like you will need a taller screen. For everyday use I have the Shrike saddlebags on my bike and add a medium size Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel bag for weekend trips. The duffel bag is strapped down in the rear pillion seating area when I use it. There are many luggage/saddlebag options for you to use on your bike. Have fun with the mods.

• Like 1

20180808_171142.thumb.jpg.9759a26d1232d5c4ae2d5dac5d41735e.jpg

Motech saddle bags have been excellent on my bike.  I also have a barrel back rest that provides some additional storage space, then behind that a simple water proof duffel held on by bungee cords.  After several expensive comfortable seat attempts, the answer was building a seat using a pre-made liner, gel pad, and quilt batting to level the pad out.  I also put a 1  1/2 inch riser on the handle bars to relieve a tad of wrist pressure.  The National Cycle Tall Touring windscreen required very extensive additional bracing to the handle bars.  The first time it was installed, it ripped and shook until it stripped out a large fork bolt.  I don't recommend it unless you're prepared to add the bracing.

Check the packing in your exhaust.  If it's all blown out, it'll be abnormally loud. 

The pic attached doesn't show the custom seat pad:  only foam that helped a small bit.

Edited by rfmueller
  • Like 1

Welcome and congrats, nice bike! Ermax makes a good 39 cm windscreen and they come in different colors to match your bike. I'm 5' 8" and mine kept most of the wind-blast off of my chest. Most people that I've encountered that have them said they liked it. Whether you like the looks of it is another question.

• Like 1

Beemer

Werbenjagermanjensen

Welcome.

In my research, some people were plenty satisfied with this, some less so, but if you prefer a more "out-of-the-box" approach:

yamaha1_ws_f47_c0_v000_comfort_saddle.jp

Yamaha Genuine Comfort Seats were designed to disperse pressure and create a much more comfortable riding experience no matter the distance.

Yamaha does make its own aftermarket seat specifically with more comfort in mind.