The MT-07 Forum

Honda CB300R

YZEtc

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, jimstu47 said:

I've got 20,000 miles on my FZ-07, and have always loved it.  Best bike I ever owned.  That said, I'm getting a bit older now and am thinking of downsizing the displacement.  

First question I have is:

"If you're so happy with the FZ-07,  how does your age factor into wanting to move to a lower displacement bike?"

Not attempting to be judgmental or anything just curious. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Ideally I'd like to have both.  the FZ07 for longer rides, maybe the CB300R for shorter trips and errands.  I have the FZ07 ECU remapped, an aftermarket exhaust which is pretty loud (sounds great when you're riding tho), and Dunlop racing tires on it.  sometimes it seems a little much to go pick up a quart of milk so to speak.    

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, jimstu47 said:

sometimes it seems a little much to go pick up a quart of milk so to speak.    

I thought that was the whole point of using the FZ-07 to pick up a qt of milk. 😁

Thanks for the response. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

5 hours ago, DewMan said:

First question I have is:

"If you're so happy with the FZ-07,  how does your age factor into wanting to move to a lower displacement bike?"

Not attempting to be judgmental or anything just curious. ✌️

I felt this way, too.

I owned a 2015 FZ-07 from August 2014 until November of 2019. I still feel it was one of the best street bikes I've owned, if not the best. What made it one of the best? The combination of light weight, small and thin size and feel, and excellent power characteristics. 

I sold the FZ-07 because I, too, wanted to downsize in displacement, yet still ride a sporty street bike. So, I first bought a 2020 Honda CB300R in October of 2019, and when the salesman that sold me the CB300R offered to take it back in trade toward the new 2020 MT-03 this past March, I went for it. I now own a 2020 MT-03.

Why did I want to downsize engine displacement? It simply came from my conscience telling me to do that. I kept getting the feeling that, although the FZ-07 was a fine bike, I would be better off selling it for something smaller. I kept having that feeling, a feeling that was always there in the background encouraging me to do so. I have been telling people that ask why I went with a couple of smaller street bikes lately that it's probably something to do with natural self-preservation instincts at work.

I don't regret the move at all as I'm still enjoying street bike riding. It feels very natural to me.

• Like 1

Depending on the answers you get, is the Rebel 500 an alternative Honda, jimstu47?  It is an enjoyable alternative to the 07 (I have both).

Edited by robbo10

Just do it! 

23 hours ago, jimstu47 said:

Question:  for those of you who own a CB300R, or have ridden one, could you please tell me how 'standard' or upright your seating position is?  Are you leaning forward?  

The CB300R feels a lot like sitting on a dirt bike or dual-purpose bike as far as riding position goes. Similar to the FZ-07 as that's how I describe the FZ-07, too. The CB300R handlebar feels in a good position and very natural. 

• Like 1