The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 for Mrs Robem Engineering

Spatt

16 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

Really appreciate the information you are putting out. Thanks

I agree, this is a very informative thread and I think I am learning quite a bit 🤔

Going to install the link per your tips next week hopefully, and do your hugger mod. I wish I would have never seen that upper street triple also 😁

• Global Moderator
On 12/31/2019 at 2:27 PM, Spatt said:

Finally got a chance to knock out the upper street triple over the holidays.  Not much other progress as with the bike at the moment.  Thought I would share the progress for the upper clamp.

image.thumb.png.7b1dfc4fd8b0bd474aaabbf2f52db5d2.png

image.thumb.png.e8915b6937a6277325e441e434df79d0.png

What all will this do compared to the stock triple?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

6 hours ago, sorkyah said:

What all will this do compared to the stock triple?

It will allow me to change the offset of the triple clamp.  I do it on our race bikes so the trail can be adjusted with out effecting the rear of the bike.   It’s just a nice thing to have and gives me an excuse to make some neat parts I wouldn’t get to make for a track bike.  

I don’t make street parts so it’s kind of fun to do something special just for this bike.  

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

• Global Moderator

Will the stock light, and cluster still be used? 

I'm just curious how they're all gonna attach

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

On 1/4/2020 at 3:35 AM, sorkyah said:

Will the stock light, and cluster still be used? 

I'm just curious how they're all gonna attach

I pulled the lower bracket off tonight so I can make a replacement lower bracket, it’ll will probably just be a machined piece that attaches to the lower.   Similar to the oem.  The top I didn’t want the ears on the clamp so I’ll have to be creative.  Probably a fabricated stainless bracket sandwiched under the lock is my first thought.   

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

• 1 month later...

Hey Spatt,

I got a question on the clamp bolts on the your milled upper triple.  Compared to the oem stock upper is there a reason why the clamp bolts are on the outside compared to top inside? Is that due to the milling or strength or ease of use? Im assuming your not using the stock fairings anymore but if you did there would be clearance issues?

Edited by Kyuzo