The MT-07 Forum

New MT 07 Owner from New York City

cmbiker

Greetings! Going to purchase a used 2018 MT 07 this Friday. Looking forward to learning more about the bike from this forum and what mods to make. The previous owner drilled some holes in the exhaust which are covered by the shroud. The bike sounds much louder than stock, but not obnoxious.

When the funds are available, maybe next year, I'm thinking of going with an Akrapovic full exhaust and getting a flash tune. My first mods will be a tail tidy (fender eliminator) kit and some frame sliders. Anyone have any recommendations for either mods? I was leaning toward New Rage Cycles or Yoshimura for the tail tidy. Haven't researched frame sliders yet.

6546A2F9-A3E1-4E6F-BCBD-A3654C9D3DD8.jpg

A8377146-C684-4284-A967-C80045756304.jpg

Welcome! Nice choice on the color haha. I personally run a Moto Dynamic fender eliminator, and I have frame sliders from T-Rex Racing. 

IMG_20191127_232834519.jpg

IMG_20191127_232618514.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome to the Forum, nice looking FZ. I purchased this tail tidy. It’s neat and clean looking and really well made.

Invest in some good gear, Helmet, jacket and gloves to protect yourself. 

Enjoy your new Bike👍🏻

Ed

s-l400.jpg

Chicago is the airport. So I am not worried about it. It's not possible. I put this here so you know before hand. OUTSIDE THE US I JUST HAVE A FLAT 19.99 FEE FOR PAPERWORK SO BASICALLY ITS FREE TOO.

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Werbenjagermanjensen
8 hours ago, 208MT07 said:

Welcome! Nice choice on the color haha. I personally run a Moto Dynamic fender eliminator, and I have frame sliders from T-Rex Racing. 

IMG_20191127_232834519.jpg

IMG_20191127_232618514.jpg

TRUTH.

Best color. ;)

Welcome, cmbiker

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and recommendations for fender eliminators. Just have to wait until the dealership gets the parts in and installs them, then I can ride her home. In the meantime, I'll  have to figure out a way to make more room in the small garage. Space is quite tight as it is now with my other two bikes in it. 

I've been riding for more than 30 years and have owned mostly inline 4's, except for a Versys 650 years back, and have never really felt that parallel twins did it for me. All that changed as soon as I twisted the throttle on this MT 07 during the test ride.  It was pure joy. It is by no means close to any of the fastest or most powerful bikes I've owned over the years, but the way it makes power and the fun factor of riding it is undeniable. 

• Like 1

Welcome and congrats! It appears you discovered very quickly what this bike was made for. Have fun and stay frosty! 

Beemer

Interesting timing on getting the bike - hope you got a good deal. Our first snow in the city is forecast for tomorrow and Monday, and I’m reluctantly gonna put my bike up for a few days until I know how bad (or not) it’ll stick around. 

hope to see you out and around this winter, barring snow. Congrats and enjoy. 

• 1 month later...