The MT-07 Forum

winter riding gloves that are thin?

Grant31781

I bought  these Gloves  for my winter riding gloves and hate them! Fat Mickey Mouse fingers makes it hard to feel the controls. I can barely feel any of my controls. Clutch work was sketchy. I am used to thin summer gloves however the air flow into them is too cold.

Yes they are cheap so are my summer gloves. What are you guys using for winter gloves? I would perfer a thin wind proof glove over these thick insulated ones.

I wear two pairs. Thick fingers not ideal but warm. Outer ones are lightly battery heated (from a garden centre!)

Just do it! 

I always use long leather gloves (I have 3 pairs , summer , winter, in between)

when is really cold I use a pair of purposely made glove under my winter one 

• Like 1

Have you tried leather gloves that don't have insulation? If Georgia is anything like Florida you don't need thick, insulated gloves. GL!

Edited by Beemer
bad link

Beemer

Very happy with my Joe Rocket Windchill gloves.  Enough insulation to carry me in to the lower 40's without needing heated grips turned on, so not overly thick. Proven completely waterproof and have a nice strong precurve to them. Usually don't push a lof of Joe Rocket stuff, but for a truly waterproof, cold weather true leather glove with decent protection...they're a bargain. With the grips on, I've ridden with these in the teens. Doable, but not great. Handguards would help.

joe_rocket_windchill_gloves_black.jpg

If you like to ride in the chill of the day, you need gloves that keep your digits warm and flexible. The Windchill Gloves have 100g of Thinsulate.

• Like 1