The MT-07 Forum

Spiegler or Core Moto brake lines?

DewMan

Spiegler or Core Moto?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Of the options available, which brand of stainless steel brake lines do you prefer?

• Spiegler
    • Core Moto
    • They are of equal quality and it doesn't matter and it's just personal preference.
    • Other: Both brands are crap and you should buy a different brand.

• Premium Member

Now that kits are actually available for ABS equipped 07s, I can currently order either brand of steel braided brake line kit for approximately the same price. 

Core Moto MT-07 ABS (17-19) FRONT AND REAR FULL REPLACEMENT BRAKE LINE KIT

Spiegler Yamaha MT-07 ABS Brake Line Kit

Anyone have a preference for either brand? I've not had experience with either brand so I'm looking to those who do. I'm looking for the brand of lines that will hold up over the years.

I know Fren is a premium brand but they also come at a premium price which I'd rather not pay for an 07 that is primarily a street bike with track day aspirations.

I look forward to everyone's  input. 

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

DewMan, I have used many braided line sets over the years. I have Spiegler on my FZ, the 2 line set up.  I think the quality is excellent, they fit well and the provided hardware and seal washers sealed the first time, no re-adjustments  needed. They even include clamping blocks that allow you to adjust the ends to the exact angle you need. 

Ed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member

Spiegler all the way.  They are the only ones who allow you to adjust fittings so there is NO binding whatsoever.

:)

- Paul

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Anyone know a reason why a Spiegler 5 line MT-07 kit wouldn't fit my 2017 FZ-07 ABS model? 

Spiegler is telling me "Sorry, we do not have the kit for the ABS model (either FZ-07 or MT-07)." When I asked for confirmation that the MT-07 kit would fit since it didn't list a 5 line kit for my specific FZ model on their website.

Core Moto's MT-07 kit is also listed as being for the 2017 FZ-07 ABS model.

Edit:

After getting the above quoted response.... I replied with the link to the 2018 MT-07 kit and ask "Then what is this kit?" Their response was:

"That looks like it, I am glad you found it 😊

Sorry about this, we had a listing mistake in our catalog."

Not getting warm fuzzies from Spiegler support.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Hordpower has the abs lines and i think at the best price if you go with stainless color at $185. Colored lines are a little more. 

• Thanks 2

• Global Moderator

With abs do you need to do all at once? 

I'm not familiar with the lines on the 17+ models 

But I would certainly go with spiegler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your input. 

I've ordered the Spiegler kit, with smoked cover and black banjos, though it doesn't include new bolts like the Moto Core kit does. I'll reuse stock bolts.

So one last question if you'd all indulge me.. 

Anyone know if I need a coarse or fine thread union bolt pressure switch for the rear master cylinder?

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

I have Galfer SS  F/R for 2015, I don't know if they do lines for a '17 ABS! I'm very happy with mine, night and day over stock up front. The rear wasn't necessary, but it came as a package deals so!! I have spiegler front lines also I got in a package deal from @pgeldz haven't used them. I might swap them out sometime and see how they feel.

Good Luck.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Glad you went with Speigler

Spiegler also has absolutely FANTASTIC customer service. If you ever do have a problem, it is rare, but it happens, they make it right. And they go above and beyond to make it right.

Also this "allow you to adjust fittings so there is NO binding whatsoever."

~Pete

• Like 2

'16 FZ07

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2019 at 2:22 AM, DewMan said:

Now that kits are actually available for ABS equipped 07s, I can currently order either brand of steel braided brake line kit for approximately the same price. 

Core Moto MT-07 ABS (17-19) FRONT AND REAR FULL REPLACEMENT BRAKE LINE KIT

Spiegler Yamaha MT-07 ABS Brake Line Kit

Anyone have a preference for either brand? I've not had experience with either brand so I'm looking to those who do. I'm looking for the brand of lines that will hold up over the years.

I know Fren is a premium brand but they also come at a premium price which I'd rather not pay for an 07 that is primarily a street bike with track day aspirations.

I look forward to everyone's  input. 

I raced with Matthias Schaub for years.  He’s a great guy and assembling the lines just outside Dayton ,Ohio. 

Ive worked on bikes with the core lines and they are also nice.  Just having the connection with Matthias and him being a small business I like sending business that way. 

• Thanks 1

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member

After reading up on braided lines I ordered a Spiegler 3 line set for my '15.

God where does it end, really? This bike is the ultimate "just gotta have it for the hell of it" project. Regrets zero...well maybe just one after buying that preposterously priced Rizoma windscreen.

• Like 4

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.