The MT-07 Forum

Tesla Cyber Truck starts at $39,000, up to 500 mile range, and an ATV?

Cruizin

Ok, My first response was UGLY. Then, I saw more and I kinda want one.  The features are amazing if you ride dirtbikes or ATV's. The tailgate has a freaking ramp built in it! The back lid opens up to a 6 1/2 foot bed! Fit most ATV's dirtbikes no problemo and again, leave the ramp at home because it has one built into the tailgate. 

Also, this truck has Air ride suspension. Raise it up to go offroad, up to 16" of ground clearance.  Lower it down to ride like a sports car. 

0-60 in 2.9 seconds.  

500 mile range on the top model that costs $60,000 before incentives/discounts. 

Scratch proof hardened stainless steel. They actually tested it with a sledge hammer, didn't leave a dent. 

It may be Ugly, but this is the most useful truck I have ever seen. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 9.29.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 9.41.02 PM.png

Tesla also announced their new ATV, no specs yet but it fits into the back of the Cyber Truck perfectly, the rider rode it right up the back of the Cyber Truck's built in ramp with ease. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 9.45.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 9.57.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 9.57.09 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'd have to actually sit and see the interior, but if I was in the market for a truck (probably in 2 years) I would definitely consider this one.  Give me the 50K mid-range unit and throw that ATV in the back for free and I just might be signing those papers!

There is a 250 mile version at $39,000  (info says over here). Musk tried to demonstrate how difficult it was to smash the windows: he smashed two trying that. :)

Just do it! 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I'd have to actually sit and see the interior, but if I was in the market for a truck (probably in 2 years) I would definitely consider this one.  Give me the 50K mid-range unit and throw that ATV in the back for free and I just might be signing those papers!

4:22 shows the interior 

Huh. It is interesting looking. Cant really say I see it as ugly. Definitely difference. It looks very futuristic like something out of a syfy space show.

Sorry, not for me - great features until some electrical glitch, and then you're F'd. I want something like my 2000 4Runner - just the most basic amount of electronics and computers (barely), real dials that are attached with cables (no push-button, stop working in a few years, pressure sensitive buttons), no screens, analog info (also cable actuated), etc.

There's some great features in this rig, beauty not one of them, but I want my truck/vehicle to reliably run to 200k miles without spending a bunch of time in the shop, costing a buttload in $ to diagnose and fix over the years, and something I can wrench myself . . . like my 2000 4Runner.

Alas, this is no longer meant to be. Computers, screens, electronics, some engineering group determining what does what instead of the driver/rider (in my wife's 2015 rig, you HAVE to have the recycle air-vent on when the AC is on - have to. There are times when I want ambient air and the AC, and times when I want recycled air and the AC on, but I don't get the choice, some engineering group decided it was best for me.), etc.

Like you probably guess, I'm in my 50s and see a lot of nonsense and trouble coming. FWIW.

But, F' it, I'm happy anyway - nothing you can do about it, except slow the "progress" just the tiniest bit.

Cheers.

• Premium Member

Looks like a Pontiac Aztek version of a truck...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

Tesla's keep getting uglier and uglier.  The original Lotus one looked great, the Model S was okay, the Model X is so-so and the Model 3 is ugly.  This thing takes it to a new level.  I guess they do not care how they look anymore. 

• Global Moderator

Only time I liked the truck was when they pulled the ATV into it, It looked like the f117 nighthawk with the angles of the two meshing. 

The design of their semi however... I liked that

Also, I feel bad for everyone living in that area, since all of their unveiling is done at a hangar in Hawthorne airport. Right next to space-x campus. 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I don't know man, that is one ugly looking truck. It just doesn't seem to scream out "I'm a truck!". I'll stick with my GMC Sierra 1500 truck.

I do really like that fact that it has a built in ramp. I would love to have something like that on my truck right now.

• Global Moderator
5 hours ago, JMPFZ07 said:

I don't know man, that is one ugly looking truck. It just doesn't seem to scream out "I'm a truck!". I'll stick with my GMC Sierra 1500 truck.

I do really like that fact that it has a built in ramp. I would love to have something like that on my truck right now.

if only companies would go, oh hey, people dont need several steps in their tailgates, they need ramps....

• Like 2

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Found some shots of the interior.  Needs cup holders, air con vents, etc.  I don't really like that everything including locks are done through the ipad.  I'd still look at one / test drive if I had the chance.  I do like the built in compressor as I could lower tire pressure for off road traction and then pump them back up afterwards (similar to the old hummers).  I've ridden in the Tesla 3 which was nice enough and sat in the X for a bit which felt "thin" in the seats and a bit sparse inside, yet still comfortable as a new vehicle.  I think that I'm more interested in the ATV than anything, especially if I could rig it up for work around the property and then sparse down for play afterwards.  Ehh.  Not likely that they'll be available when I'm in the market for a truck, so I suppose it doesn't matter.