The MT-07 Forum

I did’t resist ...

Mad

At eicma  the guys from Pzracing

tried to sell me a discounted lightronic ( a sequential shift light ) I was trying to rationalize , thinking about the pros and cons.. 

So now I have a sequential shift Light 😂 

Zk10Ahj.jpgD3Hpayf.jpgQep0bIK.jpgL5WkuJ9.jpg

Now I just need to find the “rpm” cable  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I like it.  I can show you where I hooked mine into.  I'll take a pic tomorrow.  Mine is a Healtech.  I think that's how they spell it.

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Beemer said:

It's cool but a waste of money if your ears are working fine.

I'll have to disagree with that.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

For what it's worth, I found this thread from when I did my shift light. 

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

It's cool but a waste of money if your ears are working fine.

Yes and no , if you are trying to go faster is a more accurate way of finding when you need to change gear .

if you have it because “ is cool “ ( like me..)  maybe yes .... but it was 50 bucks! For a sequential shift light ! How I was supposed to resist ?! 😂

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mad said:

Yes and no , if you are trying to go faster is a more accurate way of finding when you need to change gear .

if you have it because “ is cool “ ( like me..)  maybe yes .... but it was 50 bucks! For a sequential shift light ! How I was supposed to resist ?! 😂

Regardless, nothing is a waste of money when it comes to our motorcycles!  Even carbon swingarm covers for the carbon lovers out there.   

I track my bike and the shift light is a huge benefit for me.  Maybe a better rider might not need it, but I need it.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

1 hour ago, blackout said:

Regardless, nothing is a waste of money when it comes to our motorcycles!  Even carbon swingarm covers for the carbon lovers out there.   

I can’t agree more 

I have a small list of pieces I have made for the bike .

(Same carbon pieces , a  titanium bolt kit for the gas cap ,  topology optimized cnc bracket to remove the passenger pegs ..)

and a longeeeerr list of pieces I have bought during the years 

Half the fun in building it ourselves !

you have a totally custom bike ( I’m waiting for the single side swing arm 😂)  so you can relate more than me ! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Mad said:

I can’t agree more 

I have a small list of pieces I have made for the bike .

(Same carbon pieces , a  titanium bolt kit for the gas cap ,  topology optimized cnc bracket to remove the passenger pegs ..)

and a longeeeerr list of pieces I have bought during the years 

Half the fun in building it ourselves !

you have a totally custom bike ( I’m waiting for the single side swing arm 😂)  so you can relate more than me ! 

Single sided swingarm.   Ha ha.  It's still in the plans at some point.  Now that I have a boring head I can machine my own carrier.

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

Carrier?

For the rear axle assembly.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Global Moderator

..... Do I need to unfollow this thread

I don't have the money to follow in your footsteps

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

21 hours ago, Mad said:

lol! I know, I can't resist the little lights at Christmas either, lol! To explain my comment about the shift light, I can see how it might help someone that takes their bike to a drag strip where the tiniest fractions of a second matter within a 1/4 mile stretch that's as straight as an arrow but on a big, winding, twisting track where there are a lot of variables that can negatively affect any gain in speed from shifting optimally I wouldn't agree that one WILL help. there's too much fighting it. I believe a persons riding skills play a much bigger part in their track speed than any thingamajig that tells them to shift for that reason. If anyone can convince me otherwise, shoot.

Beemer

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Beemer said:

lol! I know, I can't resist the little lights at Christmas either, lol! To explain my comment about the shift light, I can see how it might help someone that takes their bike to a drag strip where the tiniest fractions of a second matter within a 1/4 mile stretch that's as straight as an arrow but on a big, winding, twisting track where there are a lot of variables that can negatively affect any gain in speed from shifting optimally I wouldn't agree that one WILL help. there's too much fighting it. I believe a persons riding skills play a much bigger part in their track speed than any thingamajig that tells them to shift for that reason. If anyone can convince me otherwise, shoot.

I'm assuming the above shift light is programmable like mine.  Mine lights up in 3 stages at what ever rpm's you want.   It allows me to know where my rpm's  are at while on track.  I simply can not see the stock gauge without ignoring more important details.  The led's are bright and you can see them out of the corner of your eye in day light.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

1 hour ago, blackout said:

I'm assuming the above shift light is programmable like mine.  Mine lights up in 3 stages at what ever rpm's you want.   It allows me to know where my rpm's  are at while on track.  I simply can not see the stock gauge without ignoring more important details.  The led's are bright and you can see them out of the corner of your eye in day light.

It's obvious that this is just another example of something being relevant to each person. I see that others have needs other than my own. I personally just feel for when the bike is either pulling or not and shift accordingly, I don't look at the tach. I suppose that makes me old school. Enjoy your shift light. ✌️

Beemer

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

It's obvious that this is just another example of something being relevant to each person. I see that others have needs other than my own. I personally just feel for when the bike is either pulling or not and shift accordingly, I don't look at the tach. I suppose that makes me old school. Enjoy your shift light. ✌️

Yup.  If I was only street riding I would not need it.  But it helps me at the track.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Programmable as well but not with the phone , but you set a minimum rpm and a maximum rpm .

Will start to light up green at the minimum and keep going    green - orange - red and at the maximum blinking 

I need it? No 

Does make me faster ? No 

But I will feel faster😂 ( I hope , not installed yet ) 

But surely will be a cool thing to try 

I couldn't "Resisr"  either... :

DSC_1370.thumb.JPG.5df70fa0064b8647f4524139770afa44.JPG

wish the dang tail tidy would hurry up and get here.....

• Like 1