Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
norcal616

Wayne Rainey

Recommended Posts

norcal616

To see stuff like this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... I hope to see more videos,he looked to be going along at a fairly decent speed...

  • Like 3

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fzar

Saw it yesterday, fantastic stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cornerslider

I thought Wayne Rainey "retired"..... I had no ides he was paralyzed? Cool story 😎

 

  • Sad 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616
1 hour ago, cornerslider said:

I thought Wayne Rainey "retired"..... I had no ides he was paralyzed? Cool story <img src=">

 

So did I, watched a motorcycle documentary called "Bike Heros" on Amazon a few days ago about the likes of Shakey Byrnes, Kenny Rogers, Wayne Rainey, Randy Mamola, Eddie Lawson era of riders and was surprised  to see this pop up in my news feed...

I'm glad to see he can still ride thanks to some nifty technology, I can only  imagine after that day of riding he had a whole new outlook on life...

  • Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evill_Ed

Once a Champion, Always a Champion. 

So great to see him ride again. 

He has always been one of my hero’s. 

 

 

Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
klx678
4 hours ago, norcal616 said:

So did I, watched a motorcycle documentary called "Bike Heros" on Amazon a few days ago about the likes of Shakey Byrnes, Kenny Rogers, Wayne Rainey, Randy Mamola, Eddie Lawson era of riders and was surprised  to see this pop up in my news feed...

I'm glad to see he can still ride thanks to some nifty technology, I can only  imagine after that day of riding he had a whole new outlook on life...

Were you actually thinking Kenny Roberts there?   Kenny  Rogers is a country singer here in the U.S.  Significant difference there...

I'm thinking Wayne Rainey already had a whole new outlook on life considering he was out thrashing around on shifter carts not all that long after his injury.  Never one to let the moss grow under his wheels.  I'm sure he loved riding again, but has been playing hard in other ways.  If you get a chance look up what Doug Henry has been doing off road.  Really wild.

Edited by klx678

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616
30 minutes ago, klx678 said:

Were you actually thinking Kenny Roberts there?   Kenny  Rogers is a country singer here in the U.S.  Significant difference there...

I'm thinking Wayne Rainey already had a whole new outlook on life considering he was out thrashing around on shifter carts not all that long after his injury.  Never one to let the moss grow under his wheels.  I'm sure he loved riding again, but has been playing hard in other ways.  If you get a chance look up what Doug Henry has been doing off road.  Really wild.

Yes...Robert's not Rogers 😅


2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver

Great story and had to be quite a thrill for Wayne. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FZ07R WaNaB
13 hours ago, norcal616 said:

To see stuff like this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... I hope to see more videos,he looked to be going along at a fairly decent speed...

Cool video - Thanks

Here's another one with another great racer - David Bailey. For those of you who don't know him, he was 3-time National MX champion in both the 250 and 500 (two stroke) classes, as well a one-time 250 Supercross champion. His career was cut short like so many with a crash that left him a parapelgic at 25. I saw him race live a couple of times - he was FAST and so smooth!

The first link is the Wiki page on him, and the second has a link of him riding a MX bike on a MX track 19 years after his wreck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bailey_(motorcyclist)

https://www.adventuresportsnetwork.com/sport/moto/video-david-bailey/

 

 

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evill_Ed

@FZ07RWaNaB  that’s cool, I didn’t know Bailey rode again too. Jumps no less👍🏻

Again, the Mark of a Champion 

 

Ed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer

Well, that's a name (among others mentioned) that I haven't heard in quite awhile, good for him.


Beemer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mossrider

Wayne has been very active in the sport since his forced retirement from racing due to his crash. He, as CEO and 2 others, formed the KRAVE group to resurrect and promote the floundering DMG/AMA pro racing series in 2015 and formed MotoAmerica to get roadracing back on track in this country. I see him at every race event. He's a great ambassador for the sport as it seems to be doing a little better each year since they took over in 2015.

He's always jetting around on this or in his chair,

wayne.thumb.jpg.bcf7fbee0dbc18dd55268718deddd9b7.jpg

Props.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.