The MT-07 Forum

Reflash ECU back to stock mapping?

Max on 2 Wheel

Max on 2 Wheel

Hey forks,

I'm planning to get a FT ECU flashing kit for my 2018 MT 07 (stock air filter & stock exhaust).

Just wondering is it possible to reflash back to the stock mapping with this kit in case I mess up with it?

I also find a mapping from Dynojet (22-065-001Stock exhaust Stock air filter). Is this the same as the stock manufacture mapping?

Thanks!

Yes you can go back to stock and tuned as much as your heart desires. Its all just a tuning flash as far as the ecu is concerned. 

Just downloaded 22-065-001 to check and it is not the same as the stock tune. It gets a little bump in high throttle timing and some fuel tweaking.

Note: I would NOT use the "unrestricted" tune from FTECU. The timing is way to aggressive down low and will ping to the high heavens.

Other than that, flash it up and ride. 👍

Edit: You can play around/test with different tunes even though they don't match identically and see which ones runs the best on your bike. Every bike is different.

Edited by geophb
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, geophb said:

Yes you can go back to stock and tuned as much as your heart desires. Its all just a tuning flash as far as the ecu is concerned. 

Just downloaded 22-065-001 to check and it is not the same as the stock tune. It gets a little bump in high throttle timing and some fuel tweaking.

Note: I would NOT use the "unrestricted" tune from FTECU. The timing is way to aggressive down low and will ping to the high heavens.

Other than that, flash it up and ride. 👍

Edit: You can play around/test with different tunes even though they don't match identically and see which ones runs the best on your bike. Every bike is different.

Also would like to reiterate NOT to use the Unrestricted tune.

If you do, just keep the stock ignition timing. I made a post about it a while ago.

It's seriously just a really rough starting point for dyno tuning experts.

• Like 1