The MT-07 Forum

Converting an FZ-07 into a Tenere

Braaapmode24

Hi guys,

I own a 2016 fz-07 and absolutely love it. I'm currently saving up for a long adventure tour from Seattle to Patagonia. Obviously the FZ isn't a suitable bike for this, and my original plan was to sell the FZ and buy a midsize adventure or enduro bike.

How many parts are compatible between the Tenere and the original FZ? Would it be cost effective to buy parts for a Tenere and bolt them to an FZ?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Braaapmode24 said:

Hi guys,

I own a 2016 fz-07 and absolutely love it. I'm currently saving up for a long adventure tour from Seattle to Patagonia. Obviously the FZ isn't a suitable bike for this, and my original plan was to sell the FZ and buy a midsize adventure or enduro bike.

How many parts are compatible between the Tenere and the original FZ? Would it be cost effective to buy parts for a Tenere and bolt them to an FZ?

Not a whole lot of "shared parts" probably less than 2%

The engine is probably about 98% shared parts between the bikes...

The frame is different, gas tanks, body panels, forks, etc...

The T7 ( Tenere 700) will hit USA shores in less than a year

If you got time compare the T7 parts list vs the FZ/MT-07 parts list...here is the link to the T7 parts list...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW