Geteup

I cant wait to see this bike......
piaggio-files-aprilia-rs-660-design-but-

• Like 1

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

So many cool bikes, so little understanding from wife... If I hit the lottery I would have quite the eclectic stable. 
Looking forward to this one also. 

• Like 1

If the price is in the $10.5k range I am interested. Seems like a great twins racing package too. Hopefully it will be a success and encourage other manufacturers to step up. 

22 minutes ago, MiniFZ said:

If the price is in the $10.5k range I am interested. Seems like a great twins racing package too. Hopefully it will be a success and encourage other manufacturers to step up. 

Agreed 👍

and here I am thinking I'm dead set on getting a street triple as my next bike...man this bike looks sweet. 

Really can’t wait to see the price tag and final details. Might be hard not to get one... It literally seems to have everything I want in a new bike. Damn

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mimo750 said:

Isn't it the first parallel twin on this category of bikes? I always thought that 600ss are inline 4 only with very high rpms.

The Norton Superlight and the Paton S1-R are both street legal 650 cc twins intended for racing, more extreme (and more expensive) than this RS660.

Just now, 1tondriver said:

It just keeps sucking me in

I started incessant prewhining over a year ago in preperation of its arrival here. Wife is about ready to cave...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/6/2019 at 7:10 PM, 1tondriver said:

Really can’t wait to see the price tag and final details. Might be hard not to get one... It literally seems to have everything I want in a new bike. Damn

Exactly my thoughts I've been drooling over this bike. Now if I could get the wife on board is another thing.

• Premium Member

My divorce lawyer has enough of my money to buy one.  Lol

• Haha 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

98BHP(measured at the crank) is pretty close to 75WHP(measured at wheel)... Same as the FZ-07 which is approx 70WHP🤔... No major power difference, but maybe the RS660 makes it power with high RPMs vs the FZ-07 low-mid-high power band...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
On 11/7/2019 at 4:01 AM, stickshift said:

The Norton Superlight and the Paton S1-R are both street legal 650 cc twins intended for racing, more extreme (and more expensive) than this RS660.

The Paton is a serious weapon thats been proven over and over again. I'm sure the Norton is good but we have yet to see it on the proving grounds. Waiting to see whats in store.

• Premium Member

I love the styling of this except for one detail..... The front and rear wheels are different color- WTH???? Kind of makes it look a little "thrown together" for my tastes. It would be cool if it came to the USA 😎-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

On 11/10/2019 at 2:54 AM, norcal616 said:

98BHP(measured at the crank) is pretty close to 75WHP(measured at wheel)... Same as the FZ-07 which is approx 70WHP🤔... No major power difference, but maybe the RS660 makes it power with high RPMs vs the FZ-07 low-mid-high power band...

You're way off with those calcs. The MT07 is what, 74BHP? And people see around 70WHP as you've said. This bike is 98BPH. That's 30% more power. If the BHP to WHP translated at the same ratio as the MT07, the Aprilia would have 92WHP. No major power difference? 🤣

29 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

The MT/FZ07 is a great bang for the buck bike. But, its just that, a low priced budget bike. There is no world in the universe where you can compare the budget friendly MT07 with an Italian Aprilia. 

Well said and as much money I throw in upgrades to the FZ it still won’t be as refined and advanced as the 660. Don’t get me wrong, I love my FZ but the 660 would be awesome to have. 

On 11/9/2019 at 11:54 AM, norcal616 said:

Plus the 660 has real electronics and a race chassis, you wouldn't have to spend another $10K like you do with the MT to compete in the twins.

• Like 1