The MT-07 Forum

GILLES Group Buy has been decided! Click Here!

bellissimoto

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, paxx said:

For the chain adjusters, can the bike still be supported using the spools with the tire out? If so put me down for 1, red/black. For the axle nut, do you still torque it down to factory specs? What is the torque for the set screw?

As long as you have the swingarm and shock on the bike you can use the Gilles chain adjusters to support the bike.
 I'll let someone more knowledgeable answer the axle nut question.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Bountiful said:

hey I didn't notice this post until just now... is it too late to snag a titanium lock nut?

I don't think you're too late but @bellissimoto can tell you for sure. :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 11/3/2019 at 7:01 AM, paxx said:

For the chain adjusters, can the bike still be supported using the spools with the tire out? If so put me down for 1, red/black. For the axle nut, do you still torque it down to factory specs? What is the torque for the set screw?

Yes, bike can still be supported, and yes, I torque mine to factory specs.  As far as the set screw, just make it tight.  They don't list an official tq figure for the set screw.

I put you down for the Adjusters in Black/Red.  Let me know if you want the Axle nut also.

:)

- Paul

21 hours ago, Bountiful said:

hey I didn't notice this post until just now... is it too late to snag a titanium lock nut?

Nope!  I'll add you now :)

- Paul

• Premium Member

Done and done... Thanks again for the group buys... 

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JMPFZ07 said:

How do I get a hold of the chain adjusters? Hope I'm not too late!

You'll have to ask @bellissimoto. Good Luck! 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

9 hours ago, JMPFZ07 said:

How do I get a hold of the chain adjusters? Hope I'm not too late!

Just PM me your e-mail address and full name so I can invoice you.  And let me know if you want all Black or Black/Red

- Paul

4 hours ago, bellissimoto said:

Just PM me your e-mail address and full name so I can invoice you.  And let me know if you want all Black or Black/Red

- Paul

Paid! Thanks Paul.

• Like 1

When is it coming?   I wanted it yesterday, no, I wanted it the day before...   😁

Thanks, Paul.   I appreciate the deal.  Winter is here so I guess I can wait...  😥

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 7:21 AM, Bountiful said:

When can we expect these to ship? Do we get tracking or will it just show up in the mail?

On 11/15/2019 at 6:24 PM, paxx said:

This ^ @bellissimoto

The order has been sent to Gilles already.  They told me originally not before the end of November.  I expect them to ship to us 1st week of December, and I will fill orders in the order they were paid as soon as they arrive.

Everyone will get tracking numbers per usual, just as if you bought these items from our website :)

I'll let everyone know they are inbound as s soon as I have shipping info from Gilles to us :)

- Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have you done anything with the C-Moto people yet?   I like the look of the XSR seat/tail, but they actually have a couple that look better than it.  I'd be curious if those could be fitted in similar fashion to the XSR unit.    I really like the ability to swap out seats for different looks or uses.   I figure the stock seat is the hot ticket for longer distance riding with throw over soft bags, the solo saddle for day ride stuff and the seat/tail for just plain profiling - having done a bit of flat track I'm not ashamed of wanting to kind of have that flat track profiling going on.  

Edited by klx678

13 hours ago, klx678 said:

Have you done anything with the C-Moto people yet?   I like the look of the XSR seat/tail, but they actually have a couple that look better than it.  I'd be curious if those could be fitted in similar fashion to the XSR unit.    I really like the ability to swap out seats for different looks or uses.   I figure the stock seat is the hot ticket for longer distance riding with throw over soft bags, the solo saddle for day ride stuff and the seat/tail for just plain profiling - having done a bit of flat track I'm not ashamed of wanting to kind of have that flat track profiling going on.  

Most of their stuff is universal actually, except of course the items specifically for the XSR.

I'm sure the universal stuff could work, but I'm sure there would be some custom fabrication involved as it's not plug and play.

- Paul

In an unexpected twist of things, we just had a bunch of Gilles items arrive!

We'll be filling orders in order (which we have the parts for), so some of you will be getting tracking info soon!

- Paul

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

x-mas is arriving a bit early 😁, I guess Santa wanted to see how he could make his sled faster since he knows "someone" is building a fast track bike...

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Just curious about getting notified about future group buys. Maybe we could set up a group buy notification thread or something we can subscribe to? 

I would have loved to get some of the other items this time around but with the holidays around the corner I had to save some gift funds for someone other than myself 😝

• Premium Member

Parts arrived and now I got more stickers/decals to add to the pile 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1