The MT-07 Forum

GILLES Group Buy has been decided! Click Here!

bellissimoto

GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED, and ALL PARTS HAVE BEEN ORDERED!

Items will ship as they arrive from Gilles.  Thank you everyone for another successful Gilles Group Buy!

Gilles Group Buy is BACK!  In a BIG way!  Good things come to those who wait!

This time, we are bringing back the ever popular Titanium Axle Nut and Rearsets, but in addition we are adding the AXB Chain Adjusters with built in spools, and their FXR Brake and Clutch lever set!

That's 4 items to choose from to get the respective Group Buy price!

Normally, there would be 4 different Group Buys (one for each item), but because all these popular items are from the same manufacturer, I can leverage the shipping cost across these products and pass the savings to you guys!

Pricing is as follows:

ACM Titanium Axle Nut, ACM 18-15:  Retail $89 shipped, Group Buy Price $65 shipped

AXB Chain Adjusters w/built in spools, AXB-RM04: Retail $142 shipped, Group Buy Price $114 shipped (available in either Black, or Black/Red)

FXR Lever Set, FXBL-23/FXCL-07:  Retail $242 shipped, Group Buy Price $180 shipped

Factor-X Rearsets, FXR-Y03:  Retail $430 shipped, Group Buy Price $325 shipped (available in either Black or Black/Red)

Note:  We need 10 parts to be sold to accommodate this group buy pricing structure for the above listed items.  You don't need to buy all 4 items, just 1 out of the 4 will do.  If you buy more than 1 item though, the total price will be EVEN LOWER because I'll only charge you shipping on one single item!

Delivery times will vary, as I have some items in stock already.  Plan on 4-5 weeks though if I don't have it.  

Here's all the info on the items in this Group Buy:

ACM Titanium Axle Nut, ACM 18-15:  Retail $89 shipped, Group Buy Price $65 shipped

This item will CURE the dreaded issue that the stock nut has jamming itself into place, causing you to grind it off when it gets stuck.  The patent pending pin-lock safety technology secures the ACM Titanium Axle Nut in place, making it bomb-proof while allowing it to be loosened faster than a split pin secured nut.  Besides being one of the safest Axle Nuts nuts on the market, it's also one of the lightest too.  It weighs just 20 grams, which is less than 3/4ths of an ounce, and is a perfect fit when using stock hardware or the Gilles Tooling AXB Chain Adjusters. 

It's design is inspired and derived by factory racing teams, and has been used by professional racers such as Cal Crutchlow to become a World SuperSport Champion. 

A product of award-winning precision engineering makes the ACM Titanium Axle Nut TUV and ISO certified, and will no doubt give your bike that ultra-premium look. 

M18x1.5

Material: Titanium ti6alv4

Ultra lightweight at 20 grams (less than 3/4ths of an ounce)

Innovative pin-interlock security w/ high locking characteristics

Perfectly compliments chain adjuster kits by Gilles 

Plastic-pin accommodates thread form and locks with friction

Simple security through interlock system

Easy assembly with a Included hex tool 

Unique Gilles design

DzDYQrVl.jpg.1f39fed49adf6c924536e367a2602754.jpg

S9FWG6Ul.jpg.f584278aba18d8b3fe8a3eafa3f87a79.jpg
You can see the locking mechanism here...a plastic threaded insert comes out and locks against the threads when you tighten the set screw on the face of the nut.  Pretty ingenious.  I've had mine on and off over 20 times now without issue. 

AXB Chain Adjusters w/built in spools, AXB-RM04:  Retail $142 shipped, Group Buy Price $114 shipped

Beautifully machined, the unique and innovative AXB Chain Adjuster by Gilles Tooling allows for high precision chain adjustments via graded scale to dial in the perfect amount of chain tension, as well as account for any production tolerance inconsistencies of your motorcycle.  In addition, the AXB chain adjuster stays in the swing arm, making real wheel installation much easier.  

Precise positioning by graded scale

Special bolt enables axle adjustment in both directions

Acts as an axle brace against compressive and tensile loads

AXB stays in the swing arm during rear wheel installation

Works with OEM axle nut

Unique, innovative axle block

Easier rear wheel installation

Available in Black or Black w/ Red

Integrated spools for rear wheel stand

Unique Gilles design

AXB_MT07_black-800x800.jpg.c359b42d6d0434e25ecca2e0b629cec9.jpg

AXB_MT07_Mounted_2-800x800.jpg.24d17c688f501c841ba63859b6fb7316.jpg

FXR Lever Set, FXBL-23/FXCL-07:  Retail $242 shipped, Group Buy Price $180 shipped

These beautifully machined, lightweight, and easy to adjust levers will look great on your bike and feel just as good in your hands.

Used by top racers around the world, and I personally have them on my Tarmac Faction Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer.  These levers will not disappoint.

35 clicks of precise adjustment

Optimal shape for all braking styles (2 and 4 finger)

Unique Gilles design

Ideal lever length for perfect control

TUV certified

Factor_X_Lever_Black_Set_d71779b6-9ee6-43ed-a38c-5c35c0b0fdf0-800x800.jpg.9d8eaf659502842e8978ffbd45e41a75.jpg

Factor_X_Lever_Black_2_b27edd2d-62ad-48d6-85cc-c6390ca2a14c-800x800.jpg.c0fa050c6a24cba9b2563384c942aded.jpg

Factor-X Rearsets, FXR-Y03:  Retail $430 shipped, Group Buy Price $325 shipped

Get your feet in position with the Factor-X Rearsets by Gilles Tooling!  Derived from World Superbike, the Factor-X Rearsets offer maximum performance in a minimalistic design.  They feature strong, lightweight construction and race orientated adjustment area.  Used by race teams all over the world.  

Derived from World Superbike knowledge

Perfect balance of lightweight and strength

Race orientated adjustment area

Double ball bearings on gear and brake lever

Standard and GP shifting possible

Works with OEM brake light switch

TUV certified

Unique Gilles design

Available in 2 different colors (Black, Black w/ Red)

23VPSeNh-800x800.jpg.2d39e9b0a183aa267534c5ccae216f72.jpg

y03-800x800.jpg.026af52ee94ed7dc79dbfbbb469b66a1.jpg

As people reply or PM me, I'll add their username to this list:

1. @DewMan - Axle Nut PAID

2. @norcal616  - Axle Nut (x2) PAID

3. @1tondriver  - Axle Nut PAID

4. @klx678 - Chain Adjusters (Black), PAID

5. @jerry85394 - Axle nut and Chain Adjusters (Black) PAID

6. @FZ07R WaNaB - Chain Adjusters (Black) PAID

7. @7fold - Axle Nut, Chain Adjusters (Black/Red), Lever Set PAID

8. @rushdewalt - Lever Set PAID

9. @paxx - Chain Adjusters (Black/Red) PAID

10. @Bountiful - Axle Nut PAID

11. @NiteRyder - Rearsets (Black) PAID

12. @cencalmoto - Axle Nut and Chain Adjusters PAID

13. @JMPFZ07 - Chain Adjusters (Black), Rearsets (Black) PAID

14. @Kurt - Axle Nut and Chain Adjusters (Black) PAID

Happy shopping!

:)

- Paul

Edited by bellissimoto
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bellissimoto said:

First name added to the list!  Whoo Hoo!

- Paul

I'm #1!   I'm #1!   😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

2 axle nuts for me... One for my HP-07 and it bigger brother the FJ-09... 😁... I actually double checked and both bikes use the same axle nuts/part number... 

You might get a few more sales if you post the axle nuts/hand controls in the Tracer900 forum... These are the 2 items I know are the same for both bikes... 

The chain adjustment won't work on the Tracer900 as it's a different style... And the rearsets have totally different mount/bolt locations... 

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

15 hours ago, norcal616 said:

2 axle nuts for me... One for my HP-07 and it bigger brother the FJ-09... 😁... I actually double checked and both bikes use the same axle nuts/part number... 

You might get a few more sales if you post the axle nuts/hand controls in the Tracer900 forum... These are the 2 items I know are the same for both bikes... 

The chain adjustment won't work on the Tracer900 as it's a different style... And the rearsets have totally different mount/bolt locations... 

I would love to cross post this, but we're not a Vendor on that forum.  If you'd like, and you're a member there, you can put the word out that THIS forum is having a group buy on items that fit their bike, and point them to this thread.  I'm thinking that would be ok, as you're just helping out the community as a whole and letting them know where good deals can be had.

- Paul

• Like 1

Chain adjuster work for the XSR700?   I'd like to do a spool set up for a stand rather than the pad style.  Just not sure I trust it on the right side of the swing arm.

Also do I understand right, that the set up actually adjusts in and out?   That would be nice in adjusting the rear wheel instead of backing it off, smacking the tire forward then working back again if too tight.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, klx678 said:

Also do I understand right, that the set up actually adjusts in and out?   That would be nice in adjusting the rear wheel instead of backing it off, smacking the tire forward then working back again if too tight.

Yes it adjusts in and out, with a bit of slack between switching from one direction to the other.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Still, all that would need done after adjusting the axle forward, it would just be a case of lightly carefully turning the adjuster nut back the other way until the play is removed to keep pretty much exact adjustment though.  Right?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, klx678 said:

Still, all that would need done after adjusting the axle forward, it would just be a case of lightly carefully turning the adjuster nut back the other way until the play is removed to keep pretty much exact adjustment though.  Right?

yes.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Got the adjusters installed yesterday and got the chain properly adjusted. Great product and the spools are great and get the rear up in the air real nice. Thanks @bellissimoto!

B7B5D50B-E7BE-48E2-8679-3F0F5E51858D.jpeg

Edited by 1tondriver
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

Got the adjusters installed yesterday and got the chain properly adjusted. Great product and the spools are great and get the rear up in the air real nice. Thanks @bellissimoto!

Was the install as easy as I remember? 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

20 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Was the install as easy as I remember? 

Yea piece of cake. I loosened the axle nut some and just took off the stock ones. Make sure the 2 cap screws are loose on the Gilles and just thread them on and tighten cap screws and done. I hope 10 people want the axle nut. I hate the stock one...

Working on the HF lift was a real pleasure btw. 

Edited by 1tondriver
  • Thanks 1

Ugh... I kinda want 3/4 items on that list haha. Anyone using these levers? How are they compared to similarly priced options (CRG, ASV, etc.)?

56 minutes ago, 7fold said:

Ugh... I kinda want 3/4 items on that list haha. Anyone using these levers? How are they compared to similarly priced options (CRG, ASV, etc.)?

My buddy has them on his 09 and they are top notch. Those brands you mention are like Ferrari or Lamborghini type comparisons imo. I have CRG’s and would be just as happy with either. 

• Premium Member

It's not until you see the Gilles product right in front of you will you be able to understand the quality and engineering. I have the axle nut and it rocks. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fzar said:

It's not until you see the Gilles product right in front of you will you be able to understand the quality and engineering. I have the axle nut and it rocks. 

Same about the levers :)

- Paul

18 hours ago, 7fold said:

I have them on my XSR900 and absolutely LOVE them.  Very precise, and they feel incredible!

- Paul

MORE THAN HALF WAY THERE!

Since multiple people bought more than 1 part, we really only need THREE more people (or THREE more parts), to make 10 parts in total...

- Paul

• Like 1

Must be a sign haha. I'll just pull the trigger, not often this stuff goes on sale. I'll take an axle nut, chain adjusters in red and a set of levers.

May as well start stockpiling goodies for next season since there may not be many more nice days to ride before NJ winter sets in.

• Like 1

Looks like the Group Buy is a GO!!!  We got the required 10 parts commitment!

I'll be out of the shop until Monday.  Next week, I'll be contacting everyone for payment, so if you want to get in on this and haven't already, you have until next week :)

- Paul

• Like 3

Are the  levers shorty's or are the closer to standard length?  I like the  adjustability and they look great, but I prefer  using 4 fingers. Especially on the clutch side. 

Pat

They are more like 3/4 length, longer than a shorty by far but slightly shorter than a standard lever

- Paul

For the chain adjusters, can the bike still be supported using the spools with the tire out? If so put me down for 1, red/black. For the axle nut, do you still torque it down to factory specs? What is the torque for the set screw?

Edited by paxx