The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 kart project

e30kawi

So I was in a pretty gnarly accident almost four years ago, there's a thread on here. Finally wrapping up the healing process, one surgery left to remove the rod that was used to lengthen my femur.

Anyway, the bike surprisingly wasn't completely obliterated in the accident and I've got the motor mounted to a go cart frame. Motor would start and run when I had it hung from a engine host, but since mounting and reinstalling the wiring harness, it cannot tell what gear it's in.  I searched and it looks like it just might be a dirty sensor that I need to pull and clean. If that's not the case, are there any other known issues or spots to check?

Pic of said cart, haven't worked on it much as it's been too hot but now that it's cooling off, I'd like to work on it some.

9484A712-83DD-4EAA-9504-B295C674289C.jpeg

• Like 7

I'm sorry i can't help in this situation. I wish i could tho as I'd really like to see this beast run!

• Thanks 1

• Global Moderator

Only issue should be the sensor

Make sure they're all hooked and clean the GPS sensor

Also, definitely need to see this thing on a go-kart  track 

• Thanks 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 12:48 PM, Bigturbomax said:

Any progress here? I'm really interested in this project!

No progress at all to be honest. Been having some issues with my leg. Had another surgery on it and have been having a persistent nerve pain that makes doing anything but sitting on my butt agony. Will hopefully get something going with it soon, if not, I'm afraid it'll just take up a permanent spot in my garage.

9 minutes ago, e30kawi said:

No progress at all to be honest. Been having some issues with my leg. Had another surgery on it and have been having a persistent nerve pain that makes doing anything but sitting on my butt agony. Will hopefully get something going with it soon, if not, I'm afraid it'll just take up a permanent spot in my garage.

I feel your pain brother! I hope the healing progresses and you get back on your feet 🙏

The kart will wait for you. Good luck!

• Like 1