The MT-07 Forum

Battery problems

Frandzo

Hello everyone! I'm Franco from Argentina and I'm new in this forum.

I own a 07 and it got its battery discharged. I've bought a new one and installed it on October 6th. I used it that week and the last time I rode was October 10th.

Now the battery is not charged enough to turn on the bike. What can it be? The bike is model 2017 and 4000kms old. 

Thanks in advance! 

Just now, Frandzo said:

Hello everyone! I'm Franco from Argentina and I'm new in this forum.

I own a 07 and it got its battery discharged. I've bought a new one and installed it on October 6th. I used it that week and the last time I rode was October 10th.

Now the battery is not charged enough to turn on the bike. What can it be? The bike is model 2017 and 4000kms old. 

Thanks in advance! 

You have some sort of parasitic electrical draw. Any aftermarket accessories? You're turning the key to fully off position I assume when parking it? Any service, maintenance or other work done to the bike? Check cable ends and terminals for scale and corrosion. Check electrical grounds.

Curious. 

• Like 2

I have not installed any accesories and when I park it I lock the handlebars so I turn it fully off. The service was made before 1000kms, the battery contacts are clean, I think I gonna take it to the mechanic so he can do a better inspection 😕
Thanks for the fast answer!! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Do you know if your new battery was fully charged before you installed it on your bike?  If it was not fully charged, your bike may not have been able to fully charge it. You may want to get a battery tender to keep your battery charged while the bike is not in use and extend the battery life.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Battery can show a full charge but can also lack the needed CCA ( cold crank amps) to turn over the starter... 

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Unlikely, I know, but I'll say it anyway. The on/off switch at fullest off is for 'ignition off and parking lights on'.  That would drain.

Just do it! 

Maybe not last or least but it is possible to get a new, faulty battery. I'm with @Eastern Kayaker, I'm betting it wasn't charged 100% when you put it in your bike and the time off of it made the difference.

Beemer