The MT-07 Forum

Blackout's 2020 Mods....

blackout

Only an hour straight down the highway I’ll be able to hit the “two wheel Wednesday’s” ($99) in the evening after work then NYST, Pitt, or Shannonville on the weekends! Winter can be over now lol 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Hosleymoto said:

Only an hour straight down the highway I’ll be able to hit the “two wheel Wednesday’s” ($99) in the evening after work then NYST, Pitt, or Shannonville on the weekends! Winter can be over now lol 

Yah, I saw the Wednesday evening open track events!...  Sounds like 2-4 hours of open track depending on time of year.  Could be cool as long as turnout is not too high.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Just now, blackout said:

Never been, but found out about it last year when a NYST buddy attended an event held there by EvolveGT.  It's only 1.1 miles and top speeds seem to be no more than 75 mph from videos I have seen.  But it seems like fun and priced a bit cheaper than some tracks.  NYST is $190.  Pittrace is $230.  And this track is $150. 

A video I found of Pineview...

A track like this would really suit the FZ07's power characteristics nicely, should be a hoot. Pittrace does too.

I officially hate all y'all.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, blackout said:

Never been, but found out about it last year when a NYST buddy attended an event held there by EvolveGT.  It's only 1.1 miles and top speeds seem to be no more than 75 mph from videos I have seen.  But it seems like fun and priced a bit cheaper than some tracks.  NYST is $190.  Pittrace is $230.  And this track is $150. 

A video I found of Pineview...

I used to be a Supermoto guy, this track would be AWSOME on a SM!!! Do they normally run karts on it? Looks like a nice gem of a little track-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, blackout said:

This windscreen should offer good protection.  Note: belly pan is not positioned yet.

20200119_201615.jpg

20200119_201834.jpg

20200119_202424.jpg

20200119_202302.jpg

I thought I recognized that bodywork- (I have a 2019 R3 for the street). That bodywork looks like a really nice on the FZ-07. I know they share a fair amount of parts between them, but DAMN!!!! That looks sweet!!!!

• Like 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, cornerslider said:

I used to be a Supermoto guy, this track would be AWSOME on a SM!!! Do they normally run karts on it? Looks like a nice gem of a little track-

I'm sure they run karts.  But I think it was a track designed for car enthusiasts to play on in a safe environment.  I only know what their website implies.  I think they had no plans on running motorcycles until EvolveGT came to them, but maybe I heard wrong.

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, blackout said:

Track--arial-retouch.jpg

Really nice track layout. Looks like a lot of fun. The engine braking would help a lot on this track, if you don't have a slipper. I'd be interested on how the FZ handle those crest's in 2-3rd. gear. I'd love to run that track.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, fzar said:

Really nice track layout. Looks like a lot of fun. The engine braking would help a lot on this track, if you don't have a slipper. I'd be interested on how the FZ handle those crest's in 2-3rd. gear. I'd love to run that track.

I’d really like to check out this track this summer, looks beautiful. 

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

I agree with everything thing that’s been said about this track. Looks like it was made with the  07 in mind. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Getting these wheels ready for some Dunlop wets.  I still need to order the tires, but the Dunlops seem to be cheaper than Pirellies....  Pictured are the balance beads with 5,000 plus miles on them.  Some turned black from the tire, but no sign of major sand blasting on the inside of the tire.  The wheels had absolutely no sand blasting done to them, which makes sense since the beads are thrown to the outside when the bike is moving down the road.

20200124_104856.jpg

20200124_102930.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Some updates....

My view this season.  Front fairing mounting is final.

R3 belly pan does not line up in both the side view and top view.  The top view is baffling.  Almost like Hotbodies had a problem with their belly pan mold.  Any way, I decided to go a different route for the belly pan.  I ordered a universal pan from Airtech Streamline and think I will like the look better in the long run.

20200222_173243.jpg

20200208_103219.jpg

• Like 3

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, blackout said:

Some updates....

My view this season.  Front fairing mounting is final.

R3 belly pan does not line up in both the side view and top view.  The top view is baffling.  Almost like Hotbodies had a problem with their belly pan mold.  Any way, I decided to go a different route for the belly pan.  I ordered a universal pan from Airtech Streamline and think I will like the look better in the long run.

20200222_173243.jpg

20200208_103219.jpg

Nice view if you ask me. What for internals are you running?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Rear mounts for new tank are done.  There are plenty of stock frame tabs to use when doing custom stuff. Lol

20200222_170518.jpg

20200222_173021.jpg

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

A little more fabricating.  The front tank mount.  I also finished the seat and tank cowling mounts.  The seat and tank are one piece for the Hotbodies R3.

20200301_203558.jpg

20200301_203713.jpg

20200301_203942.jpg

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

Glassed in the R3 tail cutouts.  I don't need them.

20200303_191550.jpg

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Nothing exciting, but I finally have stainless lines on the front of my bike.  These are Spiegler.

20200322_152605.jpg

20200322_152610.jpg

• Like 6

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

Except paint, what the bike's bodywork will look like for the 2020 season.  

20200322_210246.jpg

20200322_210331.jpg

• Like 5

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

I really like how the bottom of the fairing is parallel to the belly pan!

Looks awesome!

- Paul

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Now I get to see where I am slow and not so slow on the track.  Lol. And also the Woodcraft key switch eliminator is pictured.  A little over 1 month to go before the first track day, assuming our governor opens the NY economy up again.

20200328_105200.jpg

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Jerk, I don't even have one of those.

Every time I get close to getting one I crash or break something or some other shiney thing rolls by...

End whine. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, mossrider said:

Jerk, I don't even have one of those.

Every time I get close to getting one I crash or break something or some other shiney thing rolls by...

End whine. 

Took me 2 years to get one.  Finally did.  Did not have the money for the DL, but probably did not need it.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

What's this and can I mount it anywhere in any orientation?

Thanks!

20200328_144713.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, blackout said:

What's this and can I mount it anywhere in any orientation?

Thanks!

20200328_144713.jpg

That looks like an ambient air sensor to me. I forget, out bikes display ambient temp too right?

if it is, you probably don’t need it and I don’t think position is too critical. Location might be, keep it away from engine heat or direct wind.

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good"