The MT-07 Forum

Managing Stress While Riding

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
FBZ6RIJA63HSE4W7Y6HKBJV6YQ.jpg

The best riders frequently check themselves for signs of stress and then act to regain relaxed composure so they can enjoy a safer and more gratifying ride.

• Like 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

I find wearing earplugs greatly helps with this. Brings the noise threshold down 15 dB or so and i find i can concentrate better and am less fatigued. Similar to wearing noise canceling headphones on an airplane for wind and engine noise.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
30 minutes ago, RobZilla said:

I find wearing earplugs greatly helps with this. Brings the noise threshold down 15 dB or so and i find i can concentrate better and am less fatigued. Similar to wearing noise canceling headphones on an airplane for wind and engine noise.

I've found the same thing--makes riding a more "zen" experience.

• Like 2

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• 2 months later...

Earplugs are the best...especially when you have a loud exhaust as well. I still get excited to ride which already puts me in the "riding mode" which tends to alleviate any outside stress.

• Like 1

I ride solo, no stress...  as long as I stay off I-71, I-270, and any other four-six lane crap.   It's less stressful riding through town.

14 hours ago, klx678 said:

I ride solo, no stress...  as long as I stay off I-71, I-270, and any other four-six lane crap.   It's less stressful riding through town.

Columbus? That I70, I71 & 315 junction is shet!!

I’m in Zanesville and travel there a lot(though, usually in my truck)

I ride to be me for a bit. Nobody can reach me and all the cares of the world, business, life, bills, family, etc is stuck outside my helmet until I decide to return. There's no stress on a bike for me. 

But panic? Yeah, that happens sometimes lol

IMG-20191223-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I too wear earplugs to salvage any hearing I have left for the most part but to also block out the outside world. Really the only stress when riding is created by myself pushing to hard on those Sunday morning twisty rides when nobody is on the road. If I take it slow no stress really at all. 

9 hours ago, MrGym10 said:

Columbus? That I70, I71 & 315 junction is shet!!

I’m in Zanesville and travel there a lot(though, usually in my truck)

You betcha!   I'd rather ride/drive down Cleveland Avenue to down town than I-71 or 315!    I'm up in Delaware and previously lived in New Philadelphia in the east - aka God's country by many motorcyclists.   Being in Zanesville, with 666, 93, 78, and so near to 555,  you can understand why I really didn't like moving to the flat lands here and love to go back east.   I actually started teaching in Zanesville at the old Muskingum Area Joint Vocational School and lived just across the  6th Street bridge on the corner of Woodlawn and Adams street, house is apparently still there.  

image.thumb.png.a4a4a1a5e2485a8bfdc23201425e62d2.png

The school was out on Richland.  I was there from 1978-1980, back when I rode a MotoGuzzi 850-T Interceptor.  Every couple years we get down there going out to 555.  I do have to say lots of good stuff around there when it comes to roads.  Never quite got that far south on the dual sports though I have to think there would be lots of good dirt/gravel roads out around there.

Edited by klx678

1 hour ago, klx678 said:

You betcha!   I'd rather ride/drive down Cleveland Avenue to down town than I-71 or 315!    I'm up in Delaware and previously lived in New Philadelphia in the east - aka God's country by many motorcyclists.   Being in Zanesville, with 666, 93, 78, and so near to 555,  you can understand why I really didn't like moving to the flat lands here and love to go back east.   I actually started teaching in Zanesville at the old Muskingum Area Joint Vocational School and lived just across the  6th Street bridge on the corner of Woodlawn and Adams street, house is apparently still there.  

image.thumb.png.a4a4a1a5e2485a8bfdc23201425e62d2.png

The school was out on Richland.  I was there from 1978-1980, back when I rode a MotoGuzzi 850-T Interceptor.  Every couple years we get down there going out to 555.  I do have to say lots of good stuff around there when it comes to roads.  Never quite got that far south on the dual sports though I have to think there would be lots of good dirt/gravel roads out around there.

That’s pretty cool, I teach in Duncan Falls. Definitely lots of great roads around here and really good gravel roads with great scenery out east near The Wilds in a place called AEP ReCreation Lands. You could spend a few hours out there and not travel the same roads twice.