The MT-07 Forum

Hello from California

scrub jay

Hello, folks. 

Recently got a new Yamaha MT-07. 2018 model.  Been riding since 1992, but my two previous bikes have both been the Honda Nighthawk 250. Big jump.   

I haven't even gotten to the 600 mile service yet, and even after all those years of riding, I laid down my pristine bike tonight just pulling out of a parking space going uphill while turning. I've always sucked at low-speed turns on slopes anyway, but the CB250 was small and light enough that I could usually recover and keep the bike upright. Not tonight. Man, I struggled to keep that thing up, all the way down. Luckily, it didn't hit the road too hard, but I still managed to break the plastic part that the turn signal attaches to, along with some scratching. The bigger damage was to my self-esteem. Man, I suck. 

Originally, I was going to sign up to try to get help figuring out what that broken part is called. I looked all over the Yamaha parts catalog... Finally found it in the "Radiator hose" section. So now I'm just signing up to salute my betters. 

Hello from Los Angeles. I can't see the fires from where I am, but it sure smells smoky out there, tonight. Hope you all are doing well.

Welcome and don’t beat yourself up too much, these things happen. I dumped a liter bike in a parking lot once doing a tight u turn and when it happens you feel like an idiot. Your not the only one and thankfully nothing really bad happened. 

• Like 1

Welcome and congrats. You aren't alone in dropping your bike, it's a right of passage that all bikers go through so consider yourself accepted into the club now young Clumsy-wan Kenobi. Be safe, stay frosty!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome to the "Yep, I've done a low speed bike dump too" club.  🙂

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Thanks for the replies, folks. It really makes me feel much better about it all. I replaced the broken part, the other day. Cost me only $8 and change. A small price to pay for being an idiot. 

I am Chief Organiser of the Bike Drop Club. You are welcome to free membership. Too many drops for me, but there you go. If it's going down, it's sure going down. There is no stopping it. Best you can do is 'let her down easy'.  Just don't get pinned underneath it like I did once (unhurt). Welcome and enjoy your bike, as you surely will/are. 

Just do it! 

5 hours ago, scrub jay said:

Thanks for the replies, folks. It really makes me feel much better about it all. I replaced the broken part, the other day. Cost me only $8 and change. A small price to pay for being an idiot. 

If that makes you an idiot then we're all idiots, lol!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome... Don't feel like an idiot...

Psst!! You always do feel better about the bike after the first drop, it's done and over with... I did every time I had a new bike... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW