The MT-07 Forum

Hearing the Mechanicals

robbo10

I rarely hear my bike's engine properly because I am wearing a helmet and with ears plugged. Yesterday, I rode it into the garage instead of pushing it- without a helmet. Ah, what glorious sounds I've not beard in a while.  Once there were only goggles: days of pure biking freedom.

• Like 1

Just do it! 

This is reminiscent of days gone by when people (the govt. included) minded their own f'ing business and had the good sense and decency to not condescend to tell each other how they should live or ride.  😆  

• Like 1

Beemer

Back in the 80s, as a little kid, I was riding motorbike sitting on the gastank in front of my father on public roads. Or with my grandfather on the seat of a little 50ccm 2stroke to the swimming pond, foots were hardly reaching the pegs. No high speeds and smooth. No helmet no nothing, nobody really cared. The neighbours dogs jump on you and scratch you? - Take this stick and fight. The gooses and turkeys  try to bite you? - Take this stick and fight.

Great time, we all  have survived :D

• Like 2

As a 5 yr old I rode pillion with my father on his 2 stroke.  Loved the smell.  Just warm clothes for any sort of protection. Happy days! 

• Like 1

Just do it! 

Didn't involve a bike but I remember the days when the fam would all pile into the ol' '65 Ford Country Squire station wagon with it's beastly 390 and haul ass down the highways with no seat belts and we all survived. 

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
2 hours ago, robbo10 said:

As a 5 yr old I rode pillion with my father on his 2 stroke.  Loved the smell.  Just warm clothes for any sort of protection. Happy days! 

Ah, the smell of two stroke oil and the ring, ding, ding of cylinder fins.  Brings back fond teenage memories. 

• Like 2

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• 3 weeks later...
firstyammerha

I liked the gear whine from the primary gears on my '80 GS750 Suzuki and the burble from the stock exhaust of the 2016 FZ09 when the throttle was chopped approaching slow corners. Afraid the stock FZ07 doesn't have any noises that thrill me.

• Like 1

Mentioning Suzuki reminds me of my Kymco Venox 250 twin. Its engine was a Suzuki copy and it sounded so fine. I only heard that because my son was giving his very young children rides on my drive.

Just do it!