The MT-07 Forum

Heeelllllppppppp!!!!!!

effzee07

• Global Moderator
what is it? like aluminum mesh off of something?

Yes, I have a roll of alu mesh they use for screen doors. I just cut a piece, form it and use a tie wrap to secure it.

Have you had the positive battery lead recall? It looks long enough but it should go through one loop in the battery strap along the battery through the other loop
then to the battery looks like yous could rub were it goes under the metal bracket.

I have the letter but haven't done the recall yet. There is no rubbing though.

Be on the lookout for munched wiring and wire insulation and even rubber and plastic parts being nibbled-on like air inlet ducts and plastic battery trays.

97972bf99a1a9e7fa79e169d51ff605e.jpg 

Bird seed. LOL.
So there was bird seed in your bike? How did it get there? And why was this causing your bike to only make it up to 5k rpm before going into some sort of "limp mode" ?? 

• Premium Member

@acenturian LOL @antoinefz07 the bird seed was put there by mice. I live in ohio and it's getting cold fast. the mice are trying to come in the garage and house where it is warm. They find exhaust and all kinds of other little "tubes" and what not to get into and make a nest. They decided to pick my air box on my bike this time. Since the air box was full of seeds, the bike was starving for air, causing the "limp mode"....basically suffocation of the motor was happening. It would breathe ok up until it really needed to "suck air"....around the 5k mark.

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

• 2 months later...

well that explains it suffocating intake cause a very rich condition, On my new bikes i always put a air intake screen over the air filter intake, using some 1/4"x 1/4" square hole galv. steel mesh screen, home depot, Lowes or home improvement center, I bend it around the front of the air intake, you could use a ty-wrap or two, to keep it secure,  then only bugs can get in.

It's fast and cheap insurance

Archived