The MT-07 Forum

Would you mind if I made this forum an "MT ALL" forum for all MT models?

Cruizin

Should we convert this forum to a "Yamaha MT all" forum?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which change to this forum would you be ok with?

• Convert this forum to an "MT All" forum, have sections for MT03, MT07, MT09 and MT10
    • Just add a MT10 section, but keep this the MT07 forum- This might not grow the forum, but who cares?
    • f@#k you Cruizin you crazy SOB, if you change a damned thing Im outta here!

I have the MT10 forum on another software platform that we were once on, and it's a very basic software platform. The traffic on that forum has died, they are all on my MT10 facebook group because the fz10 forum's software is old, not very easy on smartphones.   Im sick of paying for it and do not want to dump Thousands into new software for yet another forum. 

instead of paying $1000 or more to convert it to newer software like on this website, I'm thinking about just adding a MT-10 section to this forum.  I can convert all the old posts/threads and tech tips to the new MT10 section that I build for this forum.  

Or,

I could convert this entire website to a general "Yamaha MT Forum"  And have sections for Each MT that Yamaha makes. This could become one super MT forum for all MT's. MT03, MT07, MT09 and MT10.  I have been meaning to reduce/combine some of the categories that we have into less anyways, we really have too many. 

What are your thoughts? Please vote in poll and post below, I want your thoughts. 

If we made this a general MT forum, we could grow the community quite a bit. I would have to change the domain though.   

• Like 2

you know a hellova lot more about it than I do, do what YOU think best man.....

it seems to be workin' great so far....  :D

• Like 2

I will add that this forum has also slowed down a bit , of course this is due to Facebook groups. They make it easy to post because everyone already has facebook on their phones, but the downside is that important posts and tips are almost impossible to find in FB groups.

If I make this a MT owners forum, I will reduce the front page to show the last 15 updated threads, like on Facebook. Under that would be a one line link to each forum. When you click on one of those it would open up the categories for each bike. 

• Like 1

Having an all MT forum is actually a good idea as there is a likelihood that folks will be upgrading as they get more comfortable with their bike. This will get amplified greatly when the MT3 is available. They will have a full history of the other MT's at their fingertips to help them make their decision.

A good template for you would arguably be Thumper Talk as they have many forums on one website.

https://thumpertalk.com/

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I'm fine with an FZ/MT-all forum, as long as we continue to have the harmony of people here that we do now. The lack of drama here is one of it's main draws for me.  *group hug* 🤗

Edit: You're a crazy SOB @Cruizin …. but it would only let me vote once. 😁

• Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

NRWhiteKnight

I agree with @DewMan. There is good natured banter and joking between members here, no drama = less stress. I like the idea of having an all FZ/MT forum as well.

• Like 1

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

I think the most important aspect of a forum is having someone looking after it. From that follows the nature of the content. This forum I like the way it is for the 07 because of the way you handle it, Cruisin. And well done to you. I have been on other MT forums which are virtually deceased for lack of care.  So, you do what you want with the proviso, if I may so ask, that our 07 group somehow remains intact - within a forum primarily rather than on Fcxbk. For me, there is a lot to be thankful for here, and not to be lost, in this group's input. And it might just be interesting to read how others are getting with other MTs.  Just my 2 pen'orth.

• Like 2

Just do it! 

• Premium Member

Do what you think is best.  This forum is great and Facebook sucks.  I'm on facebook, but posts are lost in a matter of hours and there is no easy way to search.  Forums are great when threads last months to years with content that pops up in a Google search years later.

• Like 4

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I say bring on the MT's and throw in a stripper pole while you're at to increase the friendly banter. (old trick of the trade 😉 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Beemer

The idea of having all of the other brothers and sisters that are inclined as we with Yamaha in one forum sounds good to me also, you got my vote for All MT sir.  

• Like 1

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

Also for those who decide to "move up" to the 09 or 10, they will still remain in the community and rather than the prototypical "It's been good fellas.." post we'll get the "I'll see you around" post.

👍

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I find each forum has its own "feel"... The perfect forum is the FJ-09 forum mainly due to the people... Granted we could be all under one forum but they need to be kept separate...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Making this an "MT All" forum would be great.  More ideas and knowledge in one place (and shenanigans).  Plus, I imagine it would be easier on you @Cruizin.

Do what you think is best.  You're doing great so far.

And screw Facebook.  It's where people go to get their daily dose of butthurt.

• Like 4

Some thoughts:

Xsr's and tracers already come to this forum and there has been no hostility. I have an XSR700 and I'm new but enjoying the community here and wealth of info. The xsr forum feels like reinventing the wheel for 90% of the stuff since it's already been discussed here. It's not that i dont like the xsr forum, but it's main use is for appearance mods.

A combined MT forum is a good idea, maybe even combined by platforms like 700, 900, 1000 then broken out by MT, FJ, and XSR for the appearance sections. The truth is they have the majority of things in common. 

I'm not a Facebook hero. That place is the butthurt olympics. Forums are the way to go for me!

It's also all about the positive community on here and that's something you don't want to mess up. Maybe make a feature for which platforms you want to be subscribed to within the forum.

As cyclecruza would say.... Let's go for a riiiiide!

Rob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobZilla said:

Some thoughts:

Xsr's and tracers already come to this forum and there has been no hostility. I have an XSR700 and I'm new but enjoying the community here and wealth of info. The xsr forum feels like reinventing the wheel for 90% of the stuff since it's already been discussed here. It's not that i dont like the xsr forum, but it's main use is for appearance mods.

A combined MT forum is a good idea, maybe even combined by platforms like 700, 900, 1000 then broken out by MT, FJ, and XSR for the appearance sections. The truth is they have the majority of things in common. 

I'm not a Facebook hero. That place is the butthurt olympics. Forums are the way to go for me!

It's also all about the positive community on here and that's something you don't want to mess up. Maybe make a feature for which platforms you want to be subscribed to within the forum.

As cyclecruza would say.... Let's go for a riiiiide!

Rob

Agreed, not everyone likes diversity nor it being forced on them so categories are something to seriously consider. Now that I've given it more thought I wouldn't want to have to sift through all the blah, blah to find talk about the FZ/MT-07's only.

Beemer

There's already so much overlap between bikes (XSR and FZ/MT, FJ etc) that it just makes sense.

Most of the discussion is just like minded riders shooting the shet anyway, why not get the MT09 and MT10 guys in on the action?

More technical experience in one place is never a bad thing either, even if it's not directly relating to your specific model.

I can set it up so that when anyone crates a new topic, they will have to choose from a dropdown list of "tags" . A Tag would be MT07, MT10, MT09, Tracer 900. 

The tag would serve as a "prefix" to the beginning of each new topic on the forum. 

That way, when looking at recent topics, everyone would see which bike each topic is about. And it would work in search as well. If you wanted to search for MT07 air filter, the search system would look for that MT07 prefix. 

It would work very much like Thumper Talk's forum. In fact, they secretly use the same software as we do. 

• Like 2

That seems to mean that there would be no separate section for the MT-07, or for any other bike for that matter. I would not want to wade through irrelevant new topics to find MT07 stuff. I would not even want to search everytime I logged on, or even filter. I would like to have an icon on my tablet that takes me straight to the MT-07 Section.  Maybe I have misunderstood you, Cruisin.  I have no idea what Thumper Talk is.

Just do it! 

54 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

A Tag would be MT07, MT10, MT09, Tracer 900. 

You are including one for the MT3 too, aren't you?

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, robbo10 said:

That seems to mean that there would be no separate section for the MT-07, or for any other bike for that matter. I would not want to wade through irrelevant new topics to find MT07 stuff. I would not even want to search everytime I logged on, or even filter. I would like to have an icon on my tablet that takes me straight to the MT-07 Section.  Maybe I have misunderstood you, Cruisin.  I have no idea what Thumper Talk is.

No, each bike would have its own tech and general sections.  The "tags" just allow one to see which bike people are talking about when they are in "recent topics", or "All Activity" as stated above .   Each bike needs its own section. 

I definitely didn't see there was already an XSR section in the forums....  hahaha woops. 

Votes are overwhelmingly supportive. 

• Premium Member

I voted to add the MT10 on the forum VS all MT forum simply because I feel some connection to this specifics forum's roots but, an all MT forum is certainly not a bad idea.  Most forums these days seem to combine main groups with huge sub groups so it would not be out of the ordinary. 

Honestly,  if the all MT forum makes it easer/cheaper to maintain and admin then definitely go for that route. We will all be better served by a healthy maintained forum vs one that is neglected.

Thanks for the input.

• Like 1