The MT-07 Forum

Picture of My Bike....

bugsinteeth

• 2 weeks later...

ty sir

finally got the Ktech shock and the Corbin on it....need to take another picutre...

Edited by bugsinteeth

Doesn’t look like a senior citizen ride to me 😂  Not sticker bombed with insurance company or AARP stickers  

Good looking bike bugs!

Edited by 1tondriver

THANKS  'Ton  !   makes me feel purty good.....

here's some mor pix   description at the end...

DSC_1362.thumb.JPG.4dcb0b8b835ff4fd37f9484eea01d24d.JPG

DSC_1365.thumb.JPG.7851a7bf6f0c2ab115d49be3b7b613e2.JPG

DSC_1364.thumb.JPG.e2d60a0390300425fe2bc34fa6539c86.JPG

DSC_1366.thumb.JPG.829fe777cb1e34de08f273396587cc51.JPG

DSC_1363.thumb.JPG.fc2f20eb68e92ffc6ae8abee041caa97.JPG

Here's the "List" ........:

ktech Razor Lite shock

DDC's in the forks...( will be changing to the Redline Yellow oil tomorrow 1Ton, it finally got here)

Rebound adjusters

frame sliders

Chase Harper tank bag with 2 30oz fuel bottles in it

Renthal UltraLows, cut one inch offa each end

reversed factory rubbermount bar mounts

grip puppies

520 chain conversion, (109 links), .... Supersprox Steel sprockets, 17 Front, 42 Rrear ....  RK G520GBXW chain

tail tidy

rearsets

Full Yoshimura carbon exhaust

DNA air filter, top reshaped by me

ECU ReFlash by 2WDW

3" bar-end mirrors  ("Mictuning", Amazon...$16.00-17.00, good quality, and they fold)

Puig Tour Windscreen

Corbin gunfighter Seat  ( WAY too DAMN expensive, but VERY good   "SIGH" )

Rear brake remount bracket by me  ( I just ride solo )

moving the bar mounts forward made a good amount of difference, with the bars the way I have them now, it's just right.....

love it when a plan comes together.....

it's taken me a while, and some money, but now, this thing not only ROCKS, but you can ride it for more than 1/2 hour atta time, and it rails the corners like the big boyz...  :)

Edited by bugsinteeth
  • Like 4

She is looking good and mean! Like what you have done with her and will be curious to hear about the oil. Nice job 👍 

ty Sir....willdo...should have it sorted tomorrow or next day......raining here at the moment, so no riding for a few....

come right ahead Moss, glada haveya...

anybody else turned the bar mounts around ?

Edited by bugsinteeth

UPDATE:

1Ton.....have changed the oil, and what I got outta there was REALLY dirty.... don't understand, it was only in there for about 600 miles.....

anyhow, the new oil, (Redline yellow),   seems to be some better...the Rebound has increased a noticeable amount, and the compression seems to be about the same.....just doing the bounce test in the shop...

will give a better update after the rain quits...  *SIGH* .....

Edited by bugsinteeth

1 hour ago, bugsinteeth said:

UPDATE:

1Ton.....have changed the oil, and what I got outta there was REALLY dirty.... don't understand, it was only in there for about 600 miles.....

anyhow, the new oil, (Redline yellow),   seems to be some better...the Rebound has increased a noticeable amount, and the compression seems to be about the same.....just doing the bounce test in the shop...

will give a better update after the rain quits...  *SIGH* .....

@bugsinteeth my oil was really dirty when I first made the switch at less than 1700 miles, wonder why this seems to be a common theme?

So not a big difference initially, too bad. I will wait to hear after you get a few more miles under your belt. The good is that it is still better than stock. I have a good 5 or 6 months to think about going with cartridges. 

yeah this is the SECOND time I've changed the oil.....this time only about 600 miles....and was very dirty....had

Spectro in it last time....

only thing I can figure is that it had some sludge in the bottom I didn't get out the last time.....

Edited by bugsinteeth

@1tondriver....  I did get to ride a while this afternoon,  just got back a few minutes ago, and the oil DID help

the rebound....how much ? .... quite a bit and it STAYs there, even after warming it up, and then hammering on

it for a while.....  it's enough that I will happily recommend it to you..... do it,  you'll like the results I'm thinkin'....and it's a cheap enuff thing to try....

the front is slightly stiffer,  ( I need to drop the preload a full turn now ), and the rebound is considerably better, especially after it warms up....

will be running this stuff from now on....

hope this helps

Edited by bugsinteeth

1 hour ago, bugsinteeth said:

@1tondriver....  I did get to ride a while this afternoon,  just got back a few minutes ago, and the oil DID help

the rebound....how much ? .... quite a bit and it STAYs there, even after warming it up, and then hammering on

it for a while.....  it's enough that I will happily recommend it to you..... do it,  you'll like the results I'm thinkin'....and it's a cheap enuff thing to try....

the front is slightly stiffer,  ( I need to drop the preload a full turn now ), and the rebound is considerably better, especially after it warms up....

will be running this stuff from now on....

hope this helps

Well that sounds more encouraging. I am putting this on my winter list. Thanks Bugs!

16 hours ago, bugsinteeth said:

yw have funz....:)

So I went on a decent ride today and hit some twisties. Temperature was about 50 and the front end felt a lot better and handled great. I think ambient temperature really affects the characteristics of the forks with the DDC’s and which oil you run. I will probably hold off and try the yellow next summer when it is really warm. Just an observation and I am really falling in love with this 07!

Edited by 1tondriver
  • Like 1

How are you enjoying the Yoshimura Pipe?  Would it still be your top choice?

Edited by Slono

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Yoshi very much....no problems at all and it sounds great.    according to 2WdW, who reflashed my ECU,

it makes the same power with the insert IN, as it does with it out, so I run with it in......

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...