The MT-07 Forum

2019 TWF Racing Season #55

scratchpad

This year was quite hectic as we closed on an 8 acre property just before the start of the season. It brought many challenges juggling the property, job and racing. We primarily run the whole AFM season and try to get in other rounds at WERA and Chuckwalla and were hoping to do all 3 West rounds with MA again. So far we got all the AFM rounds and only one MA round at Sonoma.

AFM- I run three classes with AFM. Formula 40 LWT, Formula IV and LWT Superbike.  While the LWT class has taken a big hit in recent years on the west coast theres never a shortage of the fastest KFGs that come and race here for testing grounds, in all classes. The season went very well overall for us we were able to clinch 2 Championships and one 2nd with one round to go. 

F40 LWT 1st 

FIV 1st

LWT Superbike 2nd

MA at Sonoma Raceway- The MA rounds for me are quite challenging. I put too much pressure on myself. It transfers to poor performance. Theres no time to f@#k around. You have to go out and take all the little bit of track time in practice and qualifying very serious and get up to speed quickly. I usually run a pretty decent pace at Sonoma. Ive ran a string of 46's in the past which is my personal best. My hopes were to get us into the 45's. I know ahead of time that getting on the podium at MA with the fastest guys in the country isnt gonna happen. Im there to test myself and make myself a better faster rider. The best we could do was in the 47's and very disappointing with a 9th place finish. Had we ran where we know we shouldve been itd been a battle for 6-8th place. Couldve, wouldve, shouldve. IIRC the top three were in the 42's which is lap records, just to give you an idea how fast these guys are.

My shoutout is to Zoran @TWF  Ive been racing with TWF and been Family for many years. He built us a strong, reliable, mildly built motor this year thats still ticking strong. Youll never find a guy like Zoran out there. His customer service is the best in the business. Guaranteed! Hes one of a kind. From suspension to motor builds and everything in between he knows this shet. 

Thanks Zoran for a helluva year. More to come in the future.

Aaron Tulchinsky AFM #55

_OI_1960.jpg

• Like 5

Awesome!

A couple things. You have an awesome bike and you are spot on about TWF and Zoran, super top notch and legit. Secondly those guys on the MotoAmerica Twins grid are freaking fast. We've had similar experiences. Our motors are obviously quite similar and I am equally happy with mine and endorse Zorans work. 

Hopefully we can cross swords next season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, scratchpad said:

AFM- I run three classes with AFM. Formula 40 LWT, Formula IV and LWT Superbike.  While the LWT class has taken a big hit in recent years on the west coast theres never a shortage of the fastest KFGs that come and race here for testing grounds, in all classes. The season went very well overall for us we were able to clinch 2 Championships and one 2nd with one round to go. 

F40 LWT 1st 

FIV 1st

LWT Superbike 2nd

Congratulations, impressive to say the least. Well Done Aaron. @scratchpad

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The people that support me and sponsor me really make it happen. Don't ever believe in that "self made" bullshit you see out there. Somebody somewhere, or multiple people, whether family or friends helped you along the way. Give credit where credit is due.

CFRR4767.JPG

CXHM1354.JPG

IMG_E1390.JPG

• Like 6

• Premium Member

Well Done again, and fair play giving a shout out to all involved that helped get you there.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 10:42 AM, scratchpad said:

My shoutout is to Zoran @TWF  Ive been racing with TWF and been Family for many years. He built us a strong, reliable, mildly built motor this year thats still ticking strong. Youll never find a guy like Zoran out there. His customer service is the best in the business. Guaranteed! Hes one of a kind. From suspension to motor builds and everything in between he knows this shet. 

Thanks Zoran for a helluva year. More to come in the future.

Aaron Tulchinsky AFM #55

_OI_1960.jpg

Zoran is the man.  Him and Sam I think are color blind with their love for that yellow, but the man nonetheless. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products