The MT-07 Forum

anyone running Overbore or High Comp Pistons

topazsparrow

They've been on the market now for a while (weisco and spears enterprises), but I haven't heard a peep from anyone around here using them.

Understandably I doubt anyone is running overbore pistons due to the cylinders being already close together, but I still haven't found much online about high compression pistons.

Actually there's very little engine building info in general. The odd port and polish job but that's about it yea?

Few reasons. Racers don't do it because rules don't allow in most cases. Then you have cylinders which are upper half of engine cases and coated. It is expensive to bore them and coat again. Whole engine has to come apart just to get to the pistons. That is a lot of work and money if you just doing pistons, not worth it. 

Stock bore higher compression pistons are more common to do because it is simple drop in. You don't need pistons to raise compression but if they are lighter than stock it is option. Personally I prefer stock pistons unless engine is getting overbore and I have no choice but use aftermarket.