The MT-07 Forum

Northeast race series

Hosleymoto

What’s out there for race series in the northeast? I’m starting to plan my bike build and want to check rules to see what direction/ classes I want to run.  

I have an r6 front end and Altus rear link so I think that bumps me out of some classes already. Planning on running a mild motor until I get my full tilt motor built to swap in for the east coast MA rounds. 

Im 2 hours from the Shannonville Canada track and I believe 4-5 from Pittsburgh and Jersey. 

There are several to pick from. WERA  and CCS are the 2 largest organizations in that area that offer racing (see links below). Their respective rule books are on their websites as are helpful new racer info pages and info. There are other specialty clubs such as ASRA and AHRMA and even Canadian racing organizations on the web too. Google will locate anything you may want to know.  

CCS Racing - The Leading Motorcycle Road Racing Organization in America!
logo.jpg

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing, Inc is one of the oldest and largest...

Having said that your questions suggest you are new to racing. (disregard if you are not) You will find it difficult to go MotoAmerica racing if you are not an established racer already. You need to have an established track record of club racing and submit a bio to MA for approval prior to aquiring a professional race license. You don't need to be an expert racer but you will need to be a least a veteran novice with a fair amount off success on track to gain approval. 

ahrma_color_sml2.png

Welcome to AHRMA (American Historic Racing Motorcycle...

Good luck and get started. There's no better way to go than forward.

Your correct I’m new to Sportbike racing but not racing in general. I wasn’t aware of the moto America stipulations but that’s understandable and what I’m trying to figure out now. My plan is to get to NJ and Pitt as soon as they open in the spring to get as much track time as possible. Definitely going for some schools and trying to get the licensing I can at the time. 

Ive been wanting to get into racing sport bikes for about 4 years now  but running my own bike shop and racing snowbikes in the winter have taken a lot of time and $$$ from that idea. I’m now running a small fab shop for a company  and strictly dyno tuning out of my shop so time and money are actually on my side for once <—— super rare

Just now, Hosleymoto said:

Your correct I’m new to Sportbike racing but not racing in general. I wasn’t aware of the moto America stipulations but that’s understandable and what I’m trying to figure out now. My plan is to get to NJ and Pitt as soon as they open in the spring to get as much track time as possible. Definitely going for some schools and trying to get the licensing I can at the time. 

Ive been wanting to get into racing sport bikes for about 4 years now  but running my own bike shop and racing snowbikes in the winter have taken a lot of time and $$$ from that idea. I’m now running a small fab shop for a company  and strictly dyno tuning out of my shop so time and money are actually on my side for once <—— super rare

Road Racing World Magazine is an excellent resource for everything, including racing, track days and racing schools. You need to get a subscription. They publish an annual guide for track day and racing organizations and track schools that is awesome! All clubs and race organizations offer new racer schools to help get folks started and get their amateur race licenses. The clubs all offer reciprocity to licensed racers from other clubs for racing and are great resources to get you started. Once in, you will have access to people and resources to help you progress toward whatever goals you develope. Ask questions, meet folks, poke around, listen, watch, race! Aside from being great fun you will meet some great people.   

Great, Thank You! Definitely going to do that.

Honestly my goals right now are just to qualify on to the grid for a Moto America race. Wether that takes me a couple seasons or more to do that’s fine. I’ve always been intrigued by Daytona so that may be a goal down the road. I’d like to try out some endurance races at some point too. 

I agree with meeting cool people. I’ve been involved in a lot of different racing from snowmobiles on water to DIRT modifieds. It’s humbling to see people trying to get you to the next race almost harder than your trying to get yourself there.