The MT-07 Forum

Forks by Matt service

atwater

Anybody serviced a set of forks redone by pattonme. Swapping springs and oil out this winter. Sounds like he’s out of the suspension business for the time being. Curious if anybody knows what weight and/or brand of oil he has the valving set up for. From what little info I got searching looks like 7wt. Anybody else opened theirs up yet?

53 minutes ago, atwater said:

Anybody serviced a set of forks redone by pattonme. Swapping springs and oil out this winter. Sounds like he’s out of the suspension business for the time being. Curious if anybody knows what weight and/or brand of oil he has the valving set up for. From what little info I got searching looks like 7wt. Anybody else opened theirs up yet?

I don't know what he puts in them originally. I do have a set of his forks that i have refreshed with Ohlins 01309-01 however and they rock. I use the same thing in my forks with Andriani cartridges in them as well. My suspension guy swears by the stuff and it's all he uses. No complaints here.

Hope this helps.

Dave

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, mossrider said:

My suspension guy swears by the stuff and it's all he uses. No complaints here.

Is he Brandon over at Trackside Labs?  @mossrider. I spoke with him yesterday on the phone good guy, gave me some good advice, funny too.

Just now, fzar said:

Is he Brandon over at Trackside Labs?  @mossrider. I spoke with him yesterday on the phone good guy, gave me some good advice, funny too.

He's actually one of them, the other is Kyle at 2K Motorsports. I should have said "suspension guys", lol. Both reccamend Ohlins fluid. I've heard good things about Maxima too (could be wrong but I think 7.5wt is closest to Ohlins 01309-01) but I go with what the pros use since they know more than I. 

Ok so I got in touch with him, Maxima racing 85/150 (5wt). Or any other fluid with a 16cSt viscosity. I’m sure the ohlins stuff is very similar.