The MT-07 Forum

MotoAmerica Barber Round

Spatt

Last Round of the season is now over.  

Pretty excited to get back to testing and see what we can do next season with both the FZ and SV's.

Draik was running my personal motor from my Wera National bike I built over last winter.  Motor is pretty simple build:

• Wiseco Pistons
  • Carrillo Rods
  • HD Valve Springs
  • Non CNC ported head
  • Big Cams with adjustable Sprockets
  • Bearings adjusted for correct clearances
  • Fully back cut trans
  • Slipper

Nothing really fancy but the motor has always been strong.  It was also my first time working with the aRacer software and the learning curve wasn't very steep.  Very similar to Haltech or Older AEM tuning software, minus your cant build your own tables out if you wanted to create a custom reference.  Overall really great software and a ton of features for the cost.

Draik needed a lot of things to fall in place to win the championship but felt pretty good about the pace.  Top 7 riders all within a second of each other and all under the  previous record held by Xavier Zayat.  Pace was quick for sure and I adjusted the tune slightly over the weekend and found a bit more mph out of the bike Draik's bike was consistently the fastest through the traps in every session it was totally up to him.

Draik got off to a bit of a slow start while Kris, Alex, Chris, Barnes and Curtis dove directly into the 32's on the restart.  On Lap 3 Curtis shot himself out of the seat and while running the pace never quite caught back up to the leaders.  Draik passed Curtis for 4th on the final lap and had a great ride but didn't have the pace the first couple laps unfortunately and finished the championship in 2nd.  Alex was handed a 1 second penalty pushing himself back to 3rd behind Parrish and Barnes.

It was a great season and we learned a lot about both bikes for sure this season.  Will be interesting to see how the class evolves next season with the smaller riders such as Blackmon moving up to the class.  I think it'll be tough competition for sure when we put some of these younger riders on the bikes but only time will tell.  A lot of teams are leaving the paddock which will change the landscape for next season also.

Combine Q.JPG

77.JPG

Edited by Spatt
Same file uploaded twice
  • Like 3

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products