Sign in to follow this  
fzyurkoc

LIFT or STANDS?!? want to buy ASAP please help!

fzyurkoc
So I have a couple questions about this...I want to be able to change oil/clean chain and keep the bike clean.
Should I buy a Lift or stands?
Do I need 2 stands?
Which stands or lifts will work?
Thanks!

mjh937
I have a rear paddock stand that I bought at Harbor Freight for $20 or $30 (I forget now). It is pretty beefy and works well. I have found it is all that I need, but the most complicated thing I have done is tighten the chain. It works great for cleaning and light maintenance.
  • Like 1

nmucat
My wife has those venom stands in order for me as my christmas present.

psumech
Anyone using a triple tree stand? If so, which one.

TwistedTorque
If I were buying a triple tree I probably wouldn't cheap out and just get a pitbull. 

fastfredyb
I just got back from Harbor Freight myself and was going to buy their rear stand.

mjh937
I just got back from Harbor Freight myself and was going to buy their rear stand.

Why didn't you? I have been happy with mine.

psumech
If I were buying a triple tree I probably wouldn't cheap out and just get a pitbull. 
I found a local deal for a pitbull SS rear stand and front triple tree stand for 200, I might have to go for it. 
I'm not near my bike right now otherwise I would look, but I assume the triple tree has a hole for the pin right?
  • Like 1

fastfredyb
Why didn't you? I have been happy with mine.
I didn't have a backpack on me at the time. I'll return on Sunday.   Do you have the aluminum one or the black one?

mjh937
That is a good reason. I got the black one. I did not see an aluminum one when I was there.

fzyurkoc
Yeah I cant see spending 150 on the pitbull, if this venom one is a bust I'll eat 30$

hobbs
The venom stands should work good for you. Once in the air the bike is very much quite stable.

There was some weld bead inside one of the tubes I had to file down, otherwise smooth assembly.

I have the OES front and rear sliders and they don't interfere with the stands.

Guest August BB
I got myself the venom stand pair from reading the paddock thread.

Just a few things to note about it, you don't need rear axle spool sliders for it, unless you want those just for general protection. I got spool sliders to prepare for the stand, but turns out I didn't need them for the rear at all.

I just use the rear stand. Not sure if they only sell the rear ones, but guessing its always the pair. The front stand I find very iffy to use, so I just don't use it at all.

andistyr
fzyurkoc
I ended up buying the rear lift from Harbor Freight, 30$ works amazing and i wiggled the bike hard on it while it was up. Works great and no set up.