The MT-07 Forum

LIFT or STANDS?!? want to buy ASAP please help!

fzyurkoc

So I have a couple questions about this...I want to be able to change oil/clean chain and keep the bike clean.
Should I buy a Lift or stands?
Do I need 2 stands?
Which stands or lifts will work?
Thanks!

• Global Moderator

I have a rear paddock stand that I bought at Harbor Freight for $20 or $30 (I forget now). It is pretty beefy and works well. I have found it is all that I need, but the most complicated thing I have done is tighten the chain. It works great for cleaning and light maintenance.

• Premium Member

I got the venom stands a few days ago. They are good for the price and work well. I needed a metal file to assemble them however.

Everything went braap.

TwistedTorque
Anyone using a triple tree stand? If so, which one.
If I were buying a triple tree I probably wouldn't cheap out and just get a pitbull. 

• Global Moderator
I just got back from Harbor Freight myself and was going to buy their rear stand.

Why didn't you? I have been happy with mine.

Anyone using a triple tree stand? If so, which one.
If I were buying a triple tree I probably wouldn't cheap out and just get a pitbull. 
I found a local deal for a pitbull SS rear stand and front triple tree stand for 200, I might have to go for it. 
I'm not near my bike right now otherwise I would look, but I assume the triple tree has a hole for the pin right?

I just got back from Harbor Freight myself and was going to buy their rear stand.
Why didn't you? I have been happy with mine.
I didn't have a backpack on me at the time. I'll return on Sunday.   Do you have the aluminum one or the black one?

• Global Moderator

That is a good reason. I got the black one. I did not see an aluminum one when I was there.

• Premium Member

The venom stands should work good for you. Once in the air the bike is very much quite stable.

There was some weld bead inside one of the tubes I had to file down, otherwise smooth assembly.

I have the OES front and rear sliders and they don't interfere with the stands.

Everything went braap.

Guest August BB

I got myself the venom stand pair from reading the paddock thread.

Just a few things to note about it, you don't need rear axle spool sliders for it, unless you want those just for general protection. I got spool sliders to prepare for the stand, but turns out I didn't need them for the rear at all.

I just use the rear stand. Not sure if they only sell the rear ones, but guessing its always the pair. The front stand I find very iffy to use, so I just don't use it at all.

• Premium Member

I had to reposition it several times to get right, but it makes a difference if you match the diagram.

Everything went braap.

I ended up buying the rear lift from Harbor Freight, 30$ works amazing and i wiggled the bike hard on it while it was up. Works great and no set up.

Archived