Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper's MT-07

Recommended Posts

CreeperSleeper

Hello everyone!  I am a new rider with a brand new MT-07 that I plan on using for commuting.  My office is 40 miles away from my home via some awesome two lane back roads.  So far I have put 150 mile on her in the week that I have owned her.  Riding is definitely a learning curve, but I am really enjoying it.  Here is my new bike!

20190901-150724.jpg

I have a Puig touring windscreen, GIVI tank bag, and frame sliders coming this week.  I also need to figure out a backpack or tail bag, but that will come.  I'm excited to join this community and learn!

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver

Welcome and enjoy the ride 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evill_Ed

Nice looking  MT. Good luck and enjoy it.  

Welcome to the Forum

Ed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zephyr

Welcome.  Love that fluo color.  80miles a day commute should get you comfortable in no time.  I'd highly recommend attending a moto class or 2 to either refresh or practice new skills.  Emergency braking is going to be key as we enter into the fall season.  I could imagine that a deer leaping out or some other wildlife is a high probability based on your "two lane back road" description.  Ride easy & stay safe!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer

Welcome and congrats on a beautiful bike! If I only had one thing to say to a new rider it would be to pretend all vehicles are out to ruin your day so stay well away from them as much as possible and stay frosty. (Ok, two things 😉)

  • Like 1

Beemer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robbo10

The "fall" season??? Oh, no. 😣 Thank goodness we call it autumn........!

  • Haha 1

Just do it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zeckrin

 

23 hours ago, CreeperSleeper said:

Hello everyone!  I am a new rider with a brand new MT-07 that I plan on using for commuting.  My office is 40 miles away from my home via some awesome two lane back roads.  So far I have put 150 mile on her in the week that I have owned her.  Riding is definitely a learning curve, but I am really enjoying it.  Here is my new bike!

I have a Puig touring windscreen, GIVI tank bag, and frame sliders coming this week.  I also need to figure out a backpack or tail bag, but that will come.  I'm excited to join this community and learn!

Congrats! Bike looks great. I debated on the red or not. I got a 2019 as well in blue. 

As for the backpack or tailbag I would say that a rack would be best. The tail bags available for the 2018+ don't look to great (in my opinion) and a backpack is very limited and uncomfortable and freedom limiting. I would look into getting the SW Motech Street Rack, soft luggage adapter, & some Rok straps. With this combo you can fit a ton of luggage on the back and it also looks great when carrying nothing. 

I posted pics here:

 

 

Edited by zeckrin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CreeperSleeper
21 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Welcome.  Love that fluo color.  80miles a day commute should get you comfortable in no time.  I'd highly recommend attending a moto class or 2 to either refresh or practice new skills.  Emergency braking is going to be key as we enter into the fall season.  I could imagine that a deer leaping out or some other wildlife is a high probability based on your "two lane back road" description.  Ride easy & stay safe!

Thanks!  I did take a moto class and will probably take another one in 6 - 12 months.  A buddy of mine hit a deer on his Bandit about a month ago, so it is definitely on my mind!  My learning curve is unlearning bad habit from dirt bikes and just being more smooth.  I also need to trust my tires for traction.  I'm used to sliding the back around, not having it stick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CreeperSleeper
1 hour ago, zeckrin said:

 

Congrats! Bike looks great. I debated on the red or not. I got a 2019 as well in blue. 

As for the backpack or tailbag I would say that a rack would be best. The tail bags available for the 2018+ don't look to great (in my opinion) and a backpack is very limited and uncomfortable and freedom limiting. I would look into getting the SW Motech Street Rack, soft luggage adapter, & some Rok straps. With this combo you can fit a ton of luggage on the back and it also looks great when carrying nothing. 

I posted pics here:

 

 

Thanks!  I love the color, but I still can't tell if it is dark orange or red. LOL!  (colorblind problems)

And thank you for the recommendation.  I thought about a rack, but I would still need a bag of some sort to put on it.  I'm not planning on riding 2 up, so that does open up some options.  Another thing to consider is at my work, it will be parked along a main street.  I want whatever I have to come off the bike easily.  It also needs to be at least water resistant as I'm in the PNW.  I got to say, the choices are so endless I'm kinda getting lost!

Edited by CreeperSleeper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.