The MT-07 Forum

CreeperSleeper's MT-07

CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper

Hello everyone!  I am a new rider with a brand new MT-07 that I plan on using for commuting.  My office is 40 miles away from my home via some awesome two lane back roads.  So far I have put 150 mile on her in the week that I have owned her.  Riding is definitely a learning curve, but I am really enjoying it.  Here is my new bike!

20190901-150724.jpg

I have a Puig touring windscreen, GIVI tank bag, and frame sliders coming this week.  I also need to figure out a backpack or tail bag, but that will come.  I'm excited to join this community and learn!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Nice looking  MT. Good luck and enjoy it.  

Welcome to the Forum

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Welcome.  Love that fluo color.  80miles a day commute should get you comfortable in no time.  I'd highly recommend attending a moto class or 2 to either refresh or practice new skills.  Emergency braking is going to be key as we enter into the fall season.  I could imagine that a deer leaping out or some other wildlife is a high probability based on your "two lane back road" description.  Ride easy & stay safe!

• Like 1

Welcome and congrats on a beautiful bike! If I only had one thing to say to a new rider it would be to pretend all vehicles are out to ruin your day so stay well away from them as much as possible and stay frosty. (Ok, two things 😉)

• Like 1

Beemer

CreeperSleeper
21 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Welcome.  Love that fluo color.  80miles a day commute should get you comfortable in no time.  I'd highly recommend attending a moto class or 2 to either refresh or practice new skills.  Emergency braking is going to be key as we enter into the fall season.  I could imagine that a deer leaping out or some other wildlife is a high probability based on your "two lane back road" description.  Ride easy & stay safe!

Thanks!  I did take a moto class and will probably take another one in 6 - 12 months.  A buddy of mine hit a deer on his Bandit about a month ago, so it is definitely on my mind!  My learning curve is unlearning bad habit from dirt bikes and just being more smooth.  I also need to trust my tires for traction.  I'm used to sliding the back around, not having it stick.

• Like 1

CreeperSleeper
1 hour ago, zeckrin said:

Congrats! Bike looks great. I debated on the red or not. I got a 2019 as well in blue. 

As for the backpack or tailbag I would say that a rack would be best. The tail bags available for the 2018+ don't look to great (in my opinion) and a backpack is very limited and uncomfortable and freedom limiting. I would look into getting the SW Motech Street Rack, soft luggage adapter, & some Rok straps. With this combo you can fit a ton of luggage on the back and it also looks great when carrying nothing. 

I posted pics here:

Thanks!  I love the color, but I still can't tell if it is dark orange or red. LOL!  (colorblind problems)

And thank you for the recommendation.  I thought about a rack, but I would still need a bag of some sort to put on it.  I'm not planning on riding 2 up, so that does open up some options.  Another thing to consider is at my work, it will be parked along a main street.  I want whatever I have to come off the bike easily.  It also needs to be at least water resistant as I'm in the PNW.  I got to say, the choices are so endless I'm kinda getting lost!

Edited by CreeperSleeper
  • Like 1