The MT-07 Forum

MotoAmerica NJMP

Spatt

Had a good weekend at NJMP this past weekend and got to work with some new riders in the paddock on a race weekend. 

Recently got to do some testing with Draik on the FZ07 at Mid Ohio trying to get some answers to the set up woes.   

During the process had the bike at the shop and did a quick leak down test and tossed it on the dyno. Spun up the roller and AFR was pretty far off what I’d want and power not what I was expecting.  Decided to do a  Leak down test it was terrible, to the point I thought maybe I was still on the cam and rotated the engine only to find that it was in fact closed  😳

Had some testing to do so decided rather than potential do more damage just to toss Draik’s suspension on one of my bikes at the shop with a healthy motor and go test.

Able to find some directions with set up that on the first day and got rained out on day two of testing, but at least we had a direction heading to NJMP.

Being a holiday weekend sourcing rings was going to be difficult even with my shop being in Ohio with most of the piston manufacturers.  Also the concern for other damage being present I voiced my concerns about the time line before the race weekend.   Rebuilt the bike and tossed it back on the dyno to sort out AFR with the ARacer set up and get it in a more tolerable range.

Placed an order for all needed parts we might need to meet us back at the shop after NJMP and slapped it on the ass to go...albeit hurt.

Also loaned Draik my OZ wheels for the remaining rounds to get a bit of help with the less than stellar performing motor.

Weekend went well and bike handled much better than previous though out the weekend but power drop off was obvious.  

Draik was able to salvage a 4th place finish from the weekend on the hurt bike.  Leading to a Robem Engineering supported riders finishing 2,3,4.  As well as riders with parts in other positions through out the grid.

Bike is back in Ohio as of 5:30am back at my shop and getting torn down tonight to see the extent of damage.

Should be back and ready for Barber stronger than ever.  

FD879B26-29C3-444B-84DE-BAE9B24A451C.jpeg

F1CF1C90-50C5-48DC-9D56-CB6B006E428A.jpeg

Edited by Spatt
  • Like 6

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spatt said:

Draik was able to salvage a 4th place finish from the weekend on the hurt bike.  Leading to a Robem Engineering supported riders finishing 2,3,4.  As well as riders with parts in other positions through out the grid.

Bike is back in Ohio as of 5:30am back at my shop and getting torn down tonight to see the extent of damage.

Should be back and ready for Barber stronger than ever.

Congratulations on the 2,3,4 finishes.

Good luck at Barber.

Ed 

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

17 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

Congratulations on the 2,3,4 finishes.

Good luck at Barber.

Ed 

Was happy to be the top finishing Yamaha.  Trap speed was still good but I can only attribute it to fixing the horrible mapping that was on the bike prior to retuning.  

That my friends is... well not good.  Normally I would stop the pull but knowing it had been running the map I just let it pull through.  

image.png.83605d91a9eb4fceb75438742fc41ab7.png

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products