The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Ti - Do you need the screw for baffle

MarxMZJ

Hi guys and gals, few days ago I've bought the akra Ti (older version without the carbon tip) for my Mt 07 2018. I've asked mechanic at my dealership to remove the baffle before installing the exhaust.

Jesus it's loud. Don't get me wrong, the sound is absolutely amazing, but the volume is too much and I feel bad exposing my neighbors to that.

I've tried reinstalling the baffle without removing the muffler portion of the exhaust, but I have a problem screwing it in. My question is the following: is it possible to ride a bike without screwed in baffle? (it's really snug in there, at idle and when revving the engine it doesn't budge). And theoretically could I replace the original screw with something "slimmer" to act as a lock instead?

Thanks.

P. S. Sorry if the post sounds a little weird, English is not my first language.

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, MarxMZJ said:

Hi guys and gals, few days ago I've bought the akra Ti (older version without the carbon tip) for my Mt 07 2018. I've asked mechanic at my dealership to remove the baffle before installing the exhaust.

Jesus it's loud. Don't get me wrong, the sound is absolutely amazing, but the volume is too much and I feel bad exposing my neighbors to that.

I've tried reinstalling the baffle without removing the muffler portion of the exhaust, but I have a problem screwing it in. My question is the following: is it possible to ride a bike without screwed in baffle? (it's really snug in there, at idle and when revving the engine it doesn't budge). And theoretically could I replace the original screw with something "slimmer" to act as a lock instead?

Thanks.

P. S. Sorry if the post sounds a little weird, English is not my first language.

Without the screw securing the baffle there's a good chance it'll end up shooting out of the canister during spirited acceleration eventually. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

12 hours ago, DewMan said:

Without the screw securing the baffle there's a good chance it'll end up shooting out of the canister during spirited acceleration eventually. 

thats exactly what happened to mine, after the screw backed out on it's own. RIP 80 bucks.,

• Premium Member

Support the rear end of the bike with jack stands, or what ever you have... Remove the back wheel, and getting that screw back in will be EASY 😎👍🏼

• Thanks 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Thanks on the advice guys. In the meantime I've ended up with a nail in my back tire. So yesterday I've asked mechanic to install the db killer when he removed the back tire. 

In the future I'll need to remove the muffler part of the exhaust system, every time I wanna add/remove the buffle. That kinda sucks, but that's life :). 

BTW riding with db killer is much more fun in the city. You can actually let it rip, and you ain't gonna go deaf, or any pedestrians for that matter. And you don't need to ride gear or two higher because of the volume. Outside of the city it's a totally different game. 

But at the end of the day, I can't wait to move outside of the apartment complex, and remove db killer more or less permanently. :)

Sorry if i'm asking different question on this topic but didn't want to ressurect a 3 year old thread. I'm missing the o2 sensor

thread reducer adapter from m18x1.5 to m12x1.25 ony my akrapovic system and i cannot find it as a spare part in my country and it seems its kinda expensive to buy it online. The only way to get it is by making it on the lathe. Can anyone that don't use it on his exhaust post the specs of this reducer?  Thanks.

• 8 months later...
andrewnguyen23

my baffle flew off on the free way with a slight twist of the wrist lol. save yourself 80 bucks and put the screw in :) 

• Like 1

Joaoduarte

The thing is that wit dbkiller the akra ti sound stock exhaust

Without baffle is sounds thunderous glorious sound.

I just modified my dbkiller easier to put and remove much lower 

Sound then wothout dbkiller but still good sound

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2020 at 6:08 PM, Joaoduarte said:

The thing is that wit dbkiller the akra ti sound stock exhaust

Without baffle is sounds thunderous glorious sound.

I just modified my dbkiller easier to put and remove much lower 

Sound then wothout dbkiller but still good sound

What was it ya did?

I used a bent piece of thick metal wire. I can remove it with pliers. It’s bent to double thickness on the inserted part and then comes out and is sprung around on of the tubes, locked into place. It’s not going anywhere.

FYI this is the mt09 baffle but it worked on the stock baffle as well.

image.jpg

Edited by RobZilla