The MT-07 Forum

Vibration....

bugsinteeth

can't figure this vibration out, or maybe it's supposed to be there.....

here's what I've done....had 2WDW flash the ECU....had yoshi full exhaust W/insert in...has DNA air filter

checked chain tension-alignment....chkd all engine bolts-mounts ...all tight except the right head-to-frame bolt  ...

torqued it ( didn't change vibration )...ckd tire pressure...changed oil-filter

everything SEEMs to be ok...and I'm 72 years old and have been monkeywrenchin' for 60 of those years.....

have been bikin' since 1964....no stranger to bikes...

this bike had a hard vibration under acceleration, and seems to be worst from 4500 -6000

I have heard about the rubber dampened front sprocket, and have q question about it....

has anybody removed the rubber, ( cut it off the sprocket),  and tried it  ?

bike is a 2015 with 1206 miles on it when I got it from the Original owner, and has about 1500 miles now.....

runs like a scalded cheetah, and no misses, spits, sputters, or anything... runs GREAT  .... just vibrates

the harder you hammer on it, the worse it vibrates.....but no bad deep noises...

have grip puppies and the bars aren't bad....this is a "Judder"  or  Shudder.....worse when you lug it down around 2000-2500...

I have not synched the ThrottleBodies yet....low miles so I figgered it's be ok..... Pipe colors are perfectly even....

HELP !

Thanks....

Edited by bugsinteeth

• Premium Member

Do you have any sense of the location of the vibration? rear tire?  front tire/handlebars? chain? motor?

Is it specific to a particular RPM range or a specific speed? Does it go away when give it more or less throttle or shift a gear and maintain the same speed?

If it's idling smoothly I wouldn't suspect an issue with the throttlebody sync.

Good Luck  resolving your issue. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

I had this sensation on my FJ-09... Turned out to be the rubber "noise" damping donut on the front sprocket... Now it feels "natural" again with the chain/sprocket vibrations after going to a reg ole plain Jane sprocket... The OEM sprocket did not let the chain ride normally on the sprocket, it forced the chain the ride on the chain links rather than the inner rollers...it gets worse when the front half of the outside chain links dig into the rubber damping and the rear half just barely rides on the rubber damping... Plain Jane sprocket let the chain ride on it's inner rollers...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

thanks guys......I have heard about the rubber sprocket issues, and highly suspect it....will be getting rid of the rubber shortly....no miles on chain and sprockets, so will be removing the rubber....let ya know what happens....

it's not wheels or tires, nothings loose, it's engine rpm related....does it in every gear....more you pull on it, worse it is....feels like a worn-out dry chain, only no noise....

UPDATE :

Fixed it....it WAS that damn rubber baby-buggy-bumper front sprocket !

I took it off, sanded the rubber off with a band sander, put it back on and took it for a ride     bad feel completely gone.

thanks guys for the suggestions and help...

happy camper here.....   :D

• Like 5

• Premium Member

Good to hear it worked out..

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW