The MT-07 Forum

AP MotoArts vs Blue Line Racing

mossrider

Well, we've been at the track all weekend again. This time we were graced by Andy Palmer and 2018 Twins Cup champion Chris Parrish. They were testing an AP MotoArts FZ07r with the full metal MotoAmerica spec. We were able to arrange a head to head race in Super Twins between our local hotshots on our hotrods and Parrish on AP's fastest in MotoAmerica equivalent.

Wow what a race! In fairness it was Parrish's first time at BIR and on Andy's ride. I had our local Dunlop tire rep and track hotshoe Brett Donahue (@TenRacing) ride my bike. Also present were ex AMA pro and track instructor Curt Schushke (FZ07r pilot), track record holder in lightweight twins and fellow MotoAmerica competitor Jon Champ (SV650) mounted, past #1 plate holder Brian Hebiesen (SV650), PR Stafki on his gorgeous RC-51 and a host of other fast dudes.

IMG9520190831951433500.thumb.jpg.73804a34b8b6a92610b9442a69d0d0e5.jpg

Wait for it...

JR Hiebert checked out on his 1299 Duc of course. Parrish and Donahue battled back and forth for second after dispensing with the rest of the field.  Parrish finished second posting a best lap of 1:42.5 on Andy's rocket; and Brett in third posting a best lap of 1:42.9 on Blue Line Racings home built FZ07r. 

Not bad! We didn't knock the big kids down but we did bloody their nose a bit. What fun! 

It was rewarding to see my club racing machine dance with a skilled partner and hold its own against arguably the best pro-twin there is. 

Thanks to everyone that played in the sandbox and best part, we get to do it again tommorow. 

IMG_20190831_184711.thumb.jpg.856d7f41a409dda1998d4bcd23216655.jpg

Edited by mossrider
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Global Moderator

Damned nice Dave

How's Andy doin?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

1 hour ago, sorkyah said:

Damned nice Dave

How's Andy doin?

Better and busy.

Hard to tell if he's designing a one-off billet satellite recovery system or planning to hit you with a wrench when you look him in the eye.

My knob suggests the BSRS is next. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Glad Andy is back at it.  He started all this awesomeness.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Collided with another bike in turn 3 and had had a huge tank slapper in the Lightweight Superbike race. Both stayed up but during my flailing duck paddle save my footpeg buggered up the zipper on my boot which had to be cut off. Oh well, I get to shop for a new pair of boots.

IMG_20190901_094520.jpg

Edited by mossrider
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Collided with another bike in turn 3 and had had a huge tank slapper in the Lightweight Superbike race. Both stayed up but during my flailing duck paddle save my footpeg buggered up the zipper on my boot which had to be cut off. Oh well, I get to shop for a new pair of boots.

You gonna need new underwear too after the tank slapper? 😆
Good job keeping it upright. 👍

• Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

Who wears underwear in their face suit

Thanks for letting me ride the blue line rocket Dave,  ya done good!  Call on me anytime you need a pilot!

I have to say getting back on my stock motor fz was a little disappointing, although I did manage a couple top 5's and a 6th.  

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
18 hours ago, mossrider said:

IMG_20190901_094520.jpg

Contact tcx

They may be able to get you a replacement zipper

20 hours ago, mossrider said:

IMG_20190901_094520.jpg

Even though your foot was cut off along with the boot you can pack it in ice and have it re-attached, you don't have to get a new and expensive titanium foot and try and be more careful in that TURN 3 will ya, it's a real booger! ( I joke 😅 )

Beemer

Here's video of the first couple laps of said race. It's taken by Jon Champ, lightweight Competition Course lap record holder at 1:42.436. Donahue holds the Donnybrooke lap record at 1:49.672.  Jon blows a shift and the video ends as his race is essentially over at that point.  He has a good battle going with a couple of riders but falls off the leaders. You get a good view of Brett on my bike right next to Jon, knee down in T2 at a buck thirthy. Parrish goes by in T4 a bit later.  Nice close racing!

Next up, the 5 hour endurance race in 3 weeks. This should give me a good idea of the durability of this motor build. It will have 5 club race weekends, 2 motoamerica rounds (3 races), 2 track days and the endurance race on it. I think I'll put my other motor in and pull this one down this winter and have a look at it. 

Giddyup 

• Like 3

Here's the grid for this race,

69651682_3753561744669969_8652377970465308672_o.thumb.jpg.18327af34a65cfef4d3e9ebda69b1ca7.jpg

Here's a pic of Brett alongside PR's lovely RC-51. (in case you didn't notice, PR is related to the Yeti)

70006313_10162297048510128_6364074989213188096_o.thumb.jpg.8aa2fc8f321f729ba43152629de8bc38.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some one say endurance race?

IMG_20190907_135037.thumb.jpg.b1850ef2b6a501b658cab572e974bc18.jpg

Picked up an oversized tank with a dry break, fuel can and extended tank cover. Found the stuff gathering dust in a buddies garage. No since letting it sit.

This was supposed to be a light hearted attempt, well here we go again... 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, mossrider said:

Some one say endurance race?

IMG_20190907_135037.thumb.jpg.b1850ef2b6a501b658cab572e974bc18.jpg

Picked up an oversized tank with a dry break, fuel can and extended tank cover. Found the stuff gathering dust in a buddies garage. No since letting it sit.

This was supposed to be a light hearted attempt, well here we go again... 

Cool!

What's a dry break?

Is the tank split along the original seam and then extended taller with a welded insert?  

Do you know the new capacity?

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

1 hour ago, blackout said:

Cool!

What's a dry break?

Is the tank split along the original seam and then extended taller with a welded insert?  

Do you know the new capacity?

It's just a quick fill style fuel system that dumps about 4 gals (this one anyway) in about 6-8 seconds. 

IMG_20190907_210337.thumb.jpg.109d69a854b85b689c91fa65d640d9d8.jpg

IMG_20190907_210319.thumb.jpg.db126dc29d3a70154258bf8b534ba595.jpg

This tank is taller than stock, at the seam. Holds about 1 gal more than stock.

IMG_20190907_210642.thumb.jpg.0c5753dc33a33c7a65f0821b175850c8.jpg

Should eliminate at least one rider change/fuel stop and each fuel stop will be a minute shorter. My old quick fill would do 4 gals in 30ish seconds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
43 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

This pic look familiar?

That's Brett Donahue (Tenracing) on Blue Line Racing's Superbike, wearing his #67. He's leading Chris Parrish on an AP Motoarts Superbike (Cooper McDonalds bike) during the aforementioned supertwins race last year at Brainerd International Raceway. 

Good times!

• Like 2