The MT-07 Forum

ANODIZING RACING full exhaust review

Grant31781

3 hours ago, zeckrin said:

Was able to get some time to reconnect temp sensor this morning. Engine light is now off. Thanks.

Still getting much backfiring between 4000-3000 RPM on engine breaking decel. What settings have you been playing with to tune them out? Is it the green or G/B settings?

ill have to check my settings when i get home i have all my notes on the whiteboard in my garage. From what ive read there isnt a sure way to get rid of ALL the pops on some of the older years (17' and under). Someone elses 18 with no tuner didnt pop at all with the exhaust so im assuming its something you need a full flash to get rid of. Someone told me the injectors lower duty cycle on closed throttle or something and thats also why the engine brake is harsh as well. 

Edited by RiderFZ
Add Info

17 minutes ago, zeckrin said:

Thats a good question. I did get a torque wrench from Harbor Freight lol. I could check this cause popping is like popcorn as I decel between 4000-3000 RPM. No settings seem to fix it on the EJK

So after some digging i think ive found the answer. The reason there is a backfire from 3-4k at decel is because on the 17 and older models, the injectors lower the dusty cycle as the throttle closes and runs a check to see if it should switch to eco mode to put it in simple terms. The sudden wide open or acceleration to closed throttle causes gas to get trapped an boom you have the popcorn backfires until you get back on it or stop. The flash kit from rev zilla has a setting to turn Injector Decel Cut to false and it apparently stops this and allows a much less harsh engine brake. But the pops are nothing to worry about. the bike isnt running lean and hopefully my afr gauge will be here soon and ill be able to find the sweet spot for the ejk,  

3 hours ago, zeckrin said:

Thanks but if thats the case why so many reviews that ejk got rid of backfiring? I have the 2019 model too. Its way too much poocorn pop to be acceptable. They are not loud pops but crackle pops lol.

Ive had plenty of aftermarket exhausts and a little pop here and there is fine. Its definitely possible i have a leak though. I dont think i can return a used EJK can I? If i could maybe i would and try the ftecu. 

You have the 02 unplugged? It sounds like the ejk isn’t working 

On 9/1/2019 at 1:20 PM, Grant31781 said:

I uploaded a video so you can hear how my bike runs with the exhaust without the baffle  Exhaust sound. 100% stock except the exhaust.

I did put high temp Rtv on the slip joint so it would not leak. Not sure if a leak there would cause popping.

Sorry the sound quality is crappy wind noise with my phone in my pocket.

I think that thing sounds pretty dang good, and runs smooth as can be.  Just in case you decide to put the baffle back in, would you mind to post another video for comparison, please.  Thanks!

Sarah

48 minutes ago, zeckrin said:

Yes 02 is unplugged. Ejk seems ro be working cause when i change settings it definitely changes fuel/air ratio lol. 

Also i think it gained hp after ejk. No complaints on power. Just the pops. 

Is there a good way to confirm if you have exhaust leak? I used the old header washers and used no sealant on that or the slip joint. Could just be leaking. 

look for black spots around the header. take a small piece of paper and hold it with long needle nose. while the bike is running move the paper around the outside of the flanges and see if any air is blowing it. Its oldschool but will work for any noticeable leaks. I have on the muffler joint and i never got around to fixing it and it tuned a spring black. Note, keep watch on the swing arm and axle nut as they will bronze over if you dont clean them (exhaust points almost right at it on mine)

12 hours ago, Grant31781 said:

Here is the video: Exhaust sound with baffle

I put the phone in the same pocket so it would make a fair comparison.

Oh my goodness, lordy lordy lordy!  I don't know how you could ask for anything to sound much better.  Has anybody taken a look inside the muffler?  I think back to my dualsport days, and I don't look forward to repacking an exhaust.  Not a constant issue by any means, but the chore will roll around more often than you think, if you tend put on the miles.  Thanks again Grant, enjoy!!

Sarah

I am not sure if there is any packing. If it is, I do not see a way to repack it. Here is a shot of the baffle. You can remove the end plug to get more volume.

20190904_173022-1512x2016.jpg

NRWhiteKnight

How about some sound clips with the phone outside of your jacket pocket with the baffle in and out? The pocket reduced the noise level a little bit, imo, similar to noise reduction when you cover your ears with your hands.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

I tried it on my phone mount. The wind noise over powered the mic. Without the baffle, it reminds me of open headers. I prefer the baffle out. Both ways sound good. The baffle makes it much more neighbor friendly.

My jacket is mesh so air flows into the pockets that is why there is still wind noise.

• 2 weeks later...
imherefortheride

My wife has one of these on her bike. It was already fitted, so no experience with fitting the header to the bike. We LOVE the growl/exhaust note! It does have slight popping on decel, but I think it sound MEAN! Haven't tried baffle out but I'm sure it'd be too obnoxious.  

Edited by imherefortheride
info

• 2 weeks later...

I Have a few videos here with the full amazon exhaust and ejk along with a stock airbox and no snorkel. Ik.....im not safe. i get it. but regardless it should give oyu a good idea of how the bike will sound/preform. im only 115lbs so the bike seems to be a bit faster with me on it from what ive been told.   

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 8/31/2019 at 10:27 PM, RiderFZ said:

i have it out but the tune online has it for the baffle in 

Where’s that tune at??!! Please help 

15 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Where’s that tune at??!! Please help 

unfortunately ive moved on to the FT Ecu flash with the active tune. i do not remember the settings i used but i can say for sure the bike was still not at is full power potential.  

On 8/22/2020 at 8:19 PM, RiderFZ said:

unfortunately ive moved on to the FT Ecu flash with the active tune. i do not remember the settings i used but i can say for sure the bike was still not at is full power potential.  

I’m thinking about doing the active tune as well. Have you noticed an improvement? Is it at least as good as stock?

Edited by James Bond

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

I’m thinking about doing the active tune as well. Have you noticed an improvement? Is it at least as good as stock?

its better than stock. i will mention that the active tune has a 18x1.5mm o2 sensor and the stock one is a 12x1.25. There is an adapter online but i would suggest getting a bung welded on if you want it to work as best as it can. ive gained a bit of knowledge sense starting tuning and have played with the target AFR and timing target a bit but even just letting it tune its self i can power wheelie 3rd at  5k rpms and 5th was redline at 118-120mph. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RiderFZ said:

its better than stock. i will mention that the active tune has a 18x1.5mm o2 sensor and the stock one is a 12x1.25. There is an adapter online but i would suggest getting a bung welded on if you want it to work as best as it can. ive gained a bit of knowledge sense starting tuning and have played with the target AFR and timing target a bit but even just letting it tune its self i can power wheelie 3rd at  5k rpms and 5th was redline at 118-120mph. 

Thanks for the response. And that’s a stellar tip. 

13 hours ago, RiderFZ said:

Would you mind trying to share your tune with the active tune to the user shared files in the tuning suite? 

you’d be doing the community an amazing service. 

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Would you mind trying to share your tune with the active tune to the user shared files in the tuning suite? 

you’d be doing the community an amazing service. 

of course i was not even aware that was a thing. im watching a friends house until tomorrow morning but once i get back ill read the ecu and create a file. ive never done it before but shouldn't be hard

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RiderFZ said:

of course i was not even aware that was a thing. im watching a friends house until tomorrow morning but once i get back ill read the ecu and create a file. ive never done it before but shouldn't be hard

Neither I until today. Can’t wait!

10 minutes ago, RiderFZ said:

Looks like it can be done by:

*Open up saved tune*>file>save to account

then 

file>file manager>my account>*right click tune under my private files*>move to public files

hope this helps anyone else who needs it. 

Edited by James Bond

On 8/23/2020 at 10:15 AM, RiderFZ said:

is your baffle in or out and what climate do you drive in?

Edited by James Bond