The MT-07 Forum

ANODIZING RACING full exhaust review

Grant31781

I bought the $170 full exhaust from Amazon. I could not find any bad reviews so why not try it!

It is a copy of the yoshi r77. The parts all look the same. The welds look good. The fake CF will scratch easy however it looks good out of the box. The welds look great and the pipe appears to be made of quality tubing. It also has the o2 sensor bung.

It took me about 2 hours to install it by myself. It was not that hard to do 

Keep in mind I wear ear plugs  on this bike for wind noise. With the baffle in the muffler is fairly loud getting on it. Cruising it's not that loud. 

I did not tune my bike. I cannot tell any difference in performance. There is no deceleration popping and the bike pulls hard in any situation when I twist on the throttle. Coolant temp cruising is the same 178 as before.20190828_194328-1512x2016.thumb.jpg.f95d0f140b7a38859fb50b73f942c7f8.jpg20190828_194328-1512x2016.thumb.jpg.f95d0f140b7a38859fb50b73f942c7f8.jpg20190828_194347-1512x2016.thumb.jpg.9a4dcb7c9a3095413ab89680f08fd094.jpg

20190828_160517-1512x2016.jpg

20190828_160522-1512x2016.jpg

20190828_160532-1512x2016.jpg

20190828_194316-1512x2016.jpg

Edited by Grant31781
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

NRWhiteKnight

Looks good. Keep us posted on how it holds up over time if you can.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

What type of seat pad do you have, and how do you like it?

Before the pad, my butt would get real sore and I could barley stand up on the pegs after an hour. The pad is a great improvement in confront.  With my riding pants it is a little slippery which I don't like and it adds some seat height. I have a 30 inch inseam and its not bad. It stays in place on the seat. The material of my pants is slick.  I have had it on there  for a year now and am not planning to change at this time.

s-l400.jpg

Durable 2x's thick Poly insert Air Pad Motorcycle Dual Sport Seat Cushion. Consider the performance materials used in this model. Each cushion has technology allowing air cells to distribute body weight therefore eliminating...

• Thanks 1

I will keep this updated. I don't put a lot of miles on the bike. 2300 in the past year so the pipes should last me a while.

I posted about this in another form, but i too have the exhaust and after about 6000 miles its held up very well. Ive had trouble tuning the bike as there isnt much out there for the nameless exhaust but going off the Yoshi specs it seems to be doing well (EJK Fuel Controller) 

• Like 1

The removable baffle has a removable end cap. Taking it out gives you more flow and volume. I took the end cap out of the baffle. With it removed the bike does seem to be less responsive to the throttle however there was very little popping. Still ran 178 coolant temp.

With the baffle out it is basically a straight header. I have not tried it all the way out. I am sure the throttle response would be worse. It's stupid loud in the shop with it out.

Now I am confused. I took the baffle out and tested it this morning. I had to see how loud it was. Basically no deceleration popping. Super freaking loud! The throttle response seems very close. Coolant temps are the same as with the baffle and the stock exhaust.

I would think if it was lean, it would pop on deceleration and the coolant temp would be higher.

I have been riding off and on all day from 60 to 91 degrees. I wanted to see if the temp had any impact.  I think the 18 MT07 is able to adjust for the exhaust. It is really hard to tell if the bike lost any power. It is still very responsive and still feels fast. The bike will still power wheelie in 3rd. I am running it with no baffle. Engine braking seems a little less aggressive and the on off throttle jerkyness seems to be less pronounced.

5 hours ago, Grant31781 said:

I think the 18 MT07 is able to adjust for the exhaust.

No MT07s can adjust fuelling throughout the rev range as they’re not fitted with wide band O2 sensors from the factory.

Edited by stickshift

Yeah the headers were hard to get into the head slots. This thing sounds awesome.

I am getting the same mpg as I was with the stock exhaust. 

Can you tell any difference in power? I think it is the same. 

15 hours ago, zeckrin said:

I just installed this same Anodizing Racing exhaust tonight. Shipped to me in one day on Amazon for $170. Sounded pretty good for that price point. I've always installed Yoshi or other high end exhaust on my other bikes but did not have the cash this time around and this seemed like a great alternative or at least a great hold me over until I do have enough.

Install went ok but definitely took some wiggling and umph to get the header in the right angle to get the nuts in. Was the hardest one I've installed but very doable.

I'm debating right now on getting the EJK. Id be interested to know the difference it makes with this exhaust.

Ill post more on the muffler once i get some miles in. 

I had the exhaust on my 17 for about 5 months now. 6000 miles and about a week ago i go the ejk and the difference i say is huge. Im small at 5'8 130lbs and i can confidently power wheelie 3rd as before only 2nd. Ive been looking up some tuning tips on here and im currently working on a good "tune" (if you would call it that) for it just waiting for an AFR gauge to confirm a safe tune. 

Could you tell a difference in power between the stock and aftermarket exhaust? 

Good luck with the tune. Start a thread on how you do it. That would be interesting.

46 minutes ago, zeckrin said:

Awesome to hear. I actually pulled the trigger and ordered the ejk last night and it will arrive tomorrow. Got some more riding in today and i am very pleased with the sound of this exhaust but the backfire pops are a little much lol. Cant wait to get the ejk on. 

for a base tune use the Yoshi R77 specs they have on the ejk website. 

6 minutes ago, zeckrin said:

Thanks a bunch. I am assuming this is with air filter snorkel removed and no O2 sensor? 

yes

1 minute ago, zeckrin said:

Do you think it matters that I am keeping the Baffle in? (I'm assuming you had it out)

i have it out but the tune online has it for the baffle in 

9 hours ago, zeckrin said:

Did you get the extreme popping? I have the 2019 model and it backfires a LOT. Total popcorn on engine breaking. Reason enough alone to get the EJK. I do have the baffle in. Not sure if that makes much a difference. 

No popping at all with the baffle in or out. I have the o2 sensor and snorkel on the bike. 

I uploaded a video so you can hear how my bike runs with the exhaust without the baffle  Exhaust sound. 100% stock except the exhaust.

I did put high temp Rtv on the slip joint so it would not leak. Not sure if a leak there would cause popping.

Sorry the sound quality is crappy wind noise with my phone in my pocket.

8 minutes ago, Grant31781 said:

I uploaded a video so you can hear how my bike runs with the exhaust without the baffle  Exhaust sound. 100% stock except the exhaust.

I did put high temp Rtv on the slip joint so it would not leak. Not sure if a leak there would cause popping.

Sorry the sound quality is crappy wind noise with my phone in my pocket.

Thats weird ive had pops form the day i installed it. I have a 2017 im not sure if that has anything to do with it but even with the ejk i have a pop or 2 on decel. 

13 minutes ago, zeckrin said:

Thanks RiderFZ. I installed the EJK today and put the settings to those shown for the Yoshi on EJK site. Power seems ok but I am still getting bad backfire. Any tweeking you had to do? I know I have the baffle in...

Also the engine light is on. Do I need a O2 sensor Delete? is your check engine light on?

check the air intake temp sensor. its a mistake everyone makes. its on the right side of the tank towrds the front. i still have some backfires as well still trying to tune them out

Just now, zeckrin said:

Doh.... Yes that is it.  I looked up that part and was like 'yup, forgot to put that back on.." t's late and I have to drive to work in the morning on the bike. Do you think that can wait till tomorrow or does that have to be done asap.

it just reads the air intake temp i would not think anything bad can happen but im not sure

Just now, zeckrin said:

Thanks Rider. So are you saying that would fix the engine light issue without an O2 sensor delete?

yea thats why its on as well as why your dash has that funny code on it. ejk recommends you unplug the o2 sensor tho so it does not fight the fuel tuner for fuel

I reused the header gaskets. I put grease on them so they would stick to the head. The rtv is for the muffler slip joint.