The MT-07 Forum

M4E Tuning opinions

Mimo750

Hello, i'm new to here just joined and and i've been reading lots of interesting stuff about the mt-07. I've been searching for an exhaust system but in the affordable price tags somewhere 400-500 euro with cat converter. While i was searching i noticed this manufacturer

m4e-bullet-yamaha-mt-07.jpg

M4E Bullet Yamaha MT 07

Anyone have an experience with m4e tuning exhaust? I noticed they are kinda same as roadsitalia but not sure. Thanks for the feedback.

52 minutes ago, Mimo750 said:

Hello, i'm new to here just joined and and i've been reading lots of interesting stuff about the mt-07. I've been searching for an exhaust system but in the affordable price tags somewhere 400-500 euro with cat converter. While i was searching i noticed this manufacturer

M4E Bullet Yamaha MT 07

Anyone have an experience with m4e tuning exhaust? I noticed they are kinda same as roadsitalia but not sure. Thanks for the feedback.

I have the carbon can and it is a good affordable option. I just got the slip on to keep cost down. It is loud as heck so it you have dB ordinances you may want to hear it before buying. I am also making the assumption that it is the same as the US M4 Exhaust company but could be wrong 

Edited by 1tondriver

Thanks for the reply, uhh it is very loud? That would be a problem for me as i work very early in the morning. I could order a quieter baffle they said before i buy in the notes box and maybe with cat it would be even more quiet? If it's good quality i could order it, it's just that this brand is non existent or something for me. I don't wanna spend more money thats for sure haha.

58 minutes ago, Mimo750 said:

Thanks for the reply, uhh it is very loud? That would be a problem for me as i work very early in the morning. I could order a quieter baffle they said before i buy in the notes box and maybe with cat it would be even more quiet? If it's good quality i could order it, it's just that this brand is non existent or something for me. I don't wanna spend more money thats for sure haha.

It must be the same company because they do make a quieter baffle, but I have never heard one. Even with the baffle that it comes with it is loud. If you get it with the other baffle I would be curious to hear your thoughts. Good luck!

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, Mimo750 said:

M4E Bullet Yamaha MT 07

The general consensus seems to be that the M4 is the loudest decent exhaust available (I am sure there are some louder Chinese options).  I do not know of any US guys who buy the catalytic converter though, so any info on noise levels you get on the forum is almost certainly without it.  Good luck on your search and let us know what you decide to do. 

On 8/28/2019 at 4:25 PM, 1tondriver said:

It must be the same company because they do make a quieter baffle, but I have never heard one. Even with the baffle that it comes with it is loud. If you get it with the other baffle I would be curious to hear your thoughts. Good luck!

I ordered the "Q4 / stage 2" baffle with my M4 and I'm glad I did!  It does make a noticeable difference vs stock baffle.  I personally found the stock one too loud and to me, there was also that unbarable drone noise on highway (and the stage 2 insert fixed that).

Bare in mind that this exhaust seems (didn't see anything about it on their official website) to require you to repack it (around 10k-15k ?) and after having it for 2 years (and not done a repack yet after more than 10k with it), but yeah, the sound seems a bit louder and  "brappier" (when opening the throttle) with time.

My 2 cents!

Edited by EZrider
Precision

9 minutes ago, EZrider said:

I ordered the "Q4 / stage 2" baffle with my M4 and I'm glad I did!  It does make a noticeable difference vs stock baffle.  I personally found the stock one too loud and to me, there was also that unbarable drone noise on highway (and the stage 2 insert fixed that).

But, bare in mind that this exhaust normally require you to repack it (each 5k I think ?) and after having it for 2 years (and not done a repack yet after more than 10k with it), yeah, the sound does change, it gets louder and  "brappier" (when opening the throttle) with time.

My 2 cents

Thanks for the review. You are the first I have heard that actually got one. Good to know 

21 hours ago, EZrider said:

But, bare in mind that this exhaust normally require you to repack it (each 5k I think ?) and after having it for 2 years (and not done a repack yet after more than 10k with it), yeah, the sound does change, it gets louder and  "brappier" (when opening the throttle) with time.

My 2 cents

Thank you for the review too. I didnt know they need repacking after certain km. Good to know! 

• 2 weeks later...