The MT-07 Forum

Leaving

lonerider

I got my 07 in june 2014. A great bike. It was my 10th bike. I have to say that the cp2 engine is the best engine i had. The FZ07 is the bike that i kept the longest. I like it a lot. But i missed riding fire roads , even if i did with the 07. Used 2 set of Avon Trailrider. So, i'm leaving the forum. I have to say that's a great forum over here. I was more present here at the beginning. Great place to get and give advice. 

Thanks a lot.

• Like 2

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I would think you're considered family by now so no need to banish yourself just because you're getting a different bike. Show us some pics of what you get for riding those fire roads, I'm interested if no one else is. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

I agree with both above sentiments, you don't have to leave because your selling your FZ-07. I would put forward an idealistic idea, that what you can learn from the info here-in, mechanically would probably be useful to about any bike anyone would buy. I know, suspension spring rates change, but comp,rebound, preload don't. ETC. with motor ,clutch, chain, stators,.I'd imagine you get my gist by this point.

Anyway, I too would like to see what your going to use as a weapon to take on the fire roads up there in Montreal. T-7 !!! Maybe, No, okay. Whatever works for you. Good Luck with your sale and whatever you purchase.

• Global Moderator
20 hours ago, lonerider said:

I got my 07 in june 2014. A great bike. It was my 10th bike. I have to say that the cp2 engine is the best engine i had. The FZ07 is the bike that i kept the longest. I like it a lot. But i missed riding fire roads , even if i did with the 07. Used 2 set of Avon Trailrider. So, i'm leaving the forum. I have to say that's a great forum over here. I was more present here at the beginning. Great place to get and give advice. 

Thanks a lot.

No need to leave dude

There are others here that have moved on, but stay for the community?

Family?

Cult? 

Eh, one of those...

If you're set on leaving, know you've always got friends here, even if you abandon your favorite parallel-twin 

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Last week, i traded in the 07 for a 2019 Honda CB500X. My first Honda motorcycle. It's not the first time that i downsized. The idea with this purchase is to go back with adventure bike. I'm waiting for the Tenere 700.  So i made a compromise with the budget CB500X.

I already asked to the administrator to remove my profile. The forum has 5 years old. A lot of info, advices are found over here. There's a lot of members to help each other.

Keep going and riding.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Lonerider,

You could be like me and have both! I have a cb500x 2013 I bought as a project bike to make it lighter. The 19 is a bit better suited to dirt and gravel roads though.

Don't know if you have found it already, but this forum , I suspect, will find you a lot of like minded riders. The tech isn't as good as this forum but there is lots of dirt road stuff and adv riding stuff (

Honda CB500X - Forum

I am on both

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On 8/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, gregjet said:

Lonerider,

You could be like me and have both! I have a cb500x 2013 I bought as a project bike to make it lighter. The 19 is a bit better suited to dirt and gravel roads though.

Don't know if you have found it already, but this forum , I suspect, will find you a lot of like minded riders. The tech isn't as good as this forum but there is lots of dirt road stuff and adv riding stuff (

Honda CB500X - Forum

I am on both

Thanks gregjet. I'm not a member, but i went to this forum. Demo ride the first gen but not on unpaved road. So, i can't make direct comparison. The 19 has a great handling on and off road. But one thing for sure, i would love to have the cp2 engine instead of the 180° 500 engine.  

Both motors are stand out motors. In over 40 years of riding you come across a very few notworthy motors and BOTH of these are.

The 07 motor is punchy and a delight kicking you out of corners. I am a bit miffed that there is so little meat between cyl so boring it out is pretty much not going to happen, but then it wouldn't be as light nor narrow as it is if you could. The crossplane 270deg ( I was originally told it was 90deg firing and that would have been interesting) is a riders motor if you get it tuned right.

The Honda 500 platform and it's old style 180deg crank and Honda touch is so smooth, you could be fooled into thinking it was a 4 sometimes.   Both cranks have their strengths and weakness in the low traction dirt road world.  Different , not necessarily better. Like the 07, it is a tiny beautiful use of space. It is why I chased one for so long to use as a project bike. It's big weakness is the 07's strength. Weight. The Honda is unnecessarily heavy and the 07 is wonderfully svelte for a 650 ( I have the LAMS one). My CB500X is on a diet ( 13kg so far).

The x has VERY long trail and the front end is floppy. The 19 is even worse. This makes it very stable in a straight line on the tar and much more stable in the dirt, but tends to fight you on the tar at speed , and flop around at low speed. I suspect the new full dirt version of the 07 will do the same though. I have reduced the trail on my X but that is because it is for touring, mainly bitumen.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...