The MT-07 Forum

LED 3 bar headlights anyone? Update 3/21/20 Going to install MT03 headlight

atxjax

I want to do something like this on my FZ-07. Anyone here done something similar?

3bar.jpg

Edited by atxjax
update

• Premium Member

I've not done something like that on any bike but my concern would be make sure that they throw a proper beam pattern for proper lighting of the road at night. That type of light doesn't look focused enough to be a headlight replacement.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I think that bike is more for show than street. I've seen those mounted on pu trucks and golf carts around here and although they are very bright and make you very visible they don't throw a long beam so they suck for lighting up the road any distance away and increase your chances of running into someone/something at speed. If I recall they aren't legal either and that's no big deal, some illegal things are overlooked on bikes, like pipes but when a cop is practically blinded by one of those like they do me I would bet good money a cop is going to do a u-turn and tell you you need to remove them. They are intended for off-road, not street because they are so very, very bright.

I'll go on to say that if you had those aaaand a regular headlight and could turn those off when vehicles were approaching you might get away with it. I wouldn't mind that myself on a dark back road, I'm always concerned with not seeing an animal come from the side of the road in time and crash into it. Can't say I care for the looks much, though. It's got it's cool factor and look kinda nice on that particular bike but it would be a little much for this bike, IMHO but do whatever pleases you.

Beemer

Thanks for the input. In particular I was looking at some projector and flood combo lights instead of those.

Maybe have two lights as a projector flood combo to be the low beam and one light be strictly projector and have it come on as well for the high beam.

1 hour ago, robbo10 said:

Or how about the MT-10 lights?

Getting all the parts would be close to $800 so way out of my budget.

MT03 light assembly and brackets will be about $200

19 minutes ago, robbo10 said:

Would be way off my budget too! I had an MT-03 and I liked that headlight design.

I'm thinking I can go with the MT03 light and still be able to retain the stock cowl piece that holds the turn signals. I will start looking for the best price to get the parts on order

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, atxjax said:

I've seen projector kits. What does 1,800 B equal in USD? 

according to Google, 1,800 Thai Baht  = USD $59 or 53 euro or 48 GPB

I can only guess the shipping would probably double the price?

• Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

3 minutes ago, DewMan said:

according to Google, 1,800 Thai Baht  = USD $59 or 53 euro or 48 GPB

I can only guess the shipping would probably double the price?

I assume this is for just the projector kit. You are still needing to crack open the lens and re-seal it.

15 hours ago, atxjax said:

I assume this is for just the projector kit. You are still needing to crack open the lens and re-seal it.

I'd assumed it's a complete unit but I've asked the Q.

A lot of this stuff comes from China so the trick would be to find it on Ebay but I can't see this yet.

There is a unit on Amazon (ships from CA)....but it's $349.
https://www.amazon.com/Atoplite-Original-Designed-Headlight-Motocycle/dp/B07GQHQHDZ

Edited by mickba
(ships from CA)

On 8/19/2019 at 9:21 PM, atxjax said:

This being Thailand the answer isn't crystal clear, but yes it sounds like a kit.
"Dear customer
Products must be modified and cannot be installed at all."

At $59 (free shipping) I'm still tempted to risk it, but shipping to US would kill it for you of course.

9 hours ago, atxjax said:

Yeah, too much.

I see there's an alternative source at $320.
Extravagant, but looks pretty trick.

61tpG2vdNZL._SL1001_.thumb.jpg.6954cd32a9f89792d7c8a3a918ef595b.jpg

On 8/19/2019 at 9:21 PM, atxjax said:

You were right, it's a kit.

Have you done this before and if so is it difficult?

1844244261_Hlight1.jpg.5540f0043de8421dd3669c12e485b54f.jpg39340716_Hlight2.jpg.e0281fe8209d9e494ca2f1adf986bdbd.jpg1143725131_Hlight3.jpg.9141af735f6a5afbf5ace84a2ac04483.jpg

1 hour ago, mickba said:

You were right, it's a kit.

Have you done this before and if so is it difficult?

1844244261_Hlight1.jpg.5540f0043de8421dd3669c12e485b54f.jpg39340716_Hlight2.jpg.e0281fe8209d9e494ca2f1adf986bdbd.jpg1143725131_Hlight3.jpg.9141af735f6a5afbf5ace84a2ac04483.jpg

Nope. Too much work and I really dont have time for it. Plus whats the point when you still have the stock housing. What I want to do is make my bike different than everybody elses.

• Sad 1

I purchased a MT03 headlight from Amazon. It was $117 shipped. Strangely enough was through Prime. I am having custom fork brackets made by SebSpeed customs.

I also purchased this windscreen from Amazon and although its meant to fit the stock mounting location I am going to make a custom bracket to install it a little further upwards and slight more angle for more wind protection. Plus I also want to get it wrapped to make the carbon fiber tank guards.

I still have yet to figure out what LED turn signals to run. Fortunately here in Texas you dont need turn signals on a motorcycle. Hand signals suffice.

IMG_20200321_193657.jpg

IMG_20200321_193729.jpg

51Z1OgruYyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by atxjax
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...