Sign in to follow this  
paxx

2018 mt07 right side chain / wheel adjuster.

paxx

Hello fellow mt07 owners. I was getting ready to pop on a set of chineseum swingarm chain adjuster spools combo units and I noticed the factory plates do not sit flush with the end of the swingarm. Is this normal on these bikes? There is maybe an 1/8" gap between the cap and swingarm end. Fitting the china part gave the same result so I'm thinking a sloppy swingarm or bent adjuster bolt? Bike is new so this would have been from factory.

mossrider
Just now, paxx said:

Hello fellow mt07 owners. I was getting ready to pop on a set of chineseum swingarm chain adjuster spools combo units and I noticed the factory plates do not sit flush with the end of the swingarm. Is this normal on these bikes? There is maybe an 1/8" gap between the cap and swingarm end. Fitting the china part gave the same result so I'm thinking a sloppy swingarm or bent adjuster bolt? Bike is new so this would have been from factory.

Make sure the axle nut is loose and and everything is freed up by wiggling the tire back and forth a bit. Then give the tire a good schwonk from behind to seat the adjusters snug against the swingarm, making sure the adjuster marks are even on both sides.  Then, from directly astern the bike, use your knee to keep the wheel pressed forward as you tighten the axle nut.

Edited by mossrider
  • Like 2