Sign in to follow this  
PominOz

ABS light on and Speedo at Zero

PominOz
Posted (edited)

Evening all, had my 07 3 months and passed my test on Friday. In love with bike and riding. My treat to myself for passing test was to fit a tail tidy which I did last night. All working well and no problems. Went for a ride today and the ABS light stayed on, and also my Speedo only read zero, does not change. All of readings, gears, revs etc all normal. Got me stumped.

I have been having a search on the forum and seems a few bits about the speed sensor, not sure if f this could be causing it, I moved the bike into my room for the evening to fit the tail, and was a tight fit and maybe possible I knocked something ?

If anyone has any ideas it would be very greatly appreciated. I tested the rear brake earlier and it looked locked up, so ABS is definitely not working, didn’t try the front. Thanks , Matt 

Edited by PominOz
Typo

PominOz

Hooray, fixed, I shorted the indicators fitting the tail tidy and swapped the parking light fuse, but I screwed up with the fuse I swapped, I thought it was auxiliary, but mine is an MT07AG and that is an ABS fuse ! Just swapped with the spare 7.5 and all working now. Happy Days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Beemer
1 hour ago, PominOz said:

Hooray, fixed, I shorted the indicators fitting the tail tidy and swapped the parking light fuse, but I screwed up with the fuse I swapped, I thought it was auxiliary, but mine is an MT07AG and that is an ABS fuse ! Just swapped with the spare 7.5 and all working now. Happy Days.

It's a good feeling when you find and correct your own mistakes, especially before anyone replies. Happy days, stay frosty! 

• Like 1

Beemer