The MT-07 Forum

ABS light on and Speedo at Zero

PominOz

Evening all, had my 07 3 months and passed my test on Friday. In love with bike and riding. My treat to myself for passing test was to fit a tail tidy which I did last night. All working well and no problems. Went for a ride today and the ABS light stayed on, and also my Speedo only read zero, does not change. All of readings, gears, revs etc all normal. Got me stumped.

I have been having a search on the forum and seems a few bits about the speed sensor, not sure if f this could be causing it, I moved the bike into my room for the evening to fit the tail, and was a tight fit and maybe possible I knocked something ?

If anyone has any ideas it would be very greatly appreciated. I tested the rear brake earlier and it looked locked up, so ABS is definitely not working, didn’t try the front. Thanks , Matt 

Edited by PominOz
Typo

Hooray, fixed, I shorted the indicators fitting the tail tidy and swapped the parking light fuse, but I screwed up with the fuse I swapped, I thought it was auxiliary, but mine is an MT07AG and that is an ABS fuse ! Just swapped with the spare 7.5 and all working now. Happy Days.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PominOz said:

Hooray, fixed, I shorted the indicators fitting the tail tidy and swapped the parking light fuse, but I screwed up with the fuse I swapped, I thought it was auxiliary, but mine is an MT07AG and that is an ABS fuse ! Just swapped with the spare 7.5 and all working now. Happy Days.

It's a good feeling when you find and correct your own mistakes, especially before anyone replies. Happy days, stay frosty! 

• Like 1

Beemer

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey man I removed my ABS fuse earlier and went for a ride it was fine then my abs light stays on and speedo reads ZERO. 

because I am stunting my bike ( trying to ) the last thing I need is to be on one wheel and ABS kicks in is there something I can do? To make my speedo read properly instead of Zero as it’s illegal here in Aus 

There are 3 ABS fuses.
Try to remove the fuses of ABS Solenoid and/or ABS Motor. Leave the ABS Control unit fuse in the socket. The rear wheel speed sensor is connected to the ABS control unit, the unit must be able to send the values of the sensor to the digital Bus (= ECU and Dash are able to receive speed values)

I haven't tried it by myself, but I think this might work.

Edited by ElGonzales