The MT-07 Forum

Alternative spark plug to NGK LMAR8A/BI-9

InsidiousHuman

InsidiousHuman

Does anybody know if there is an alternate spark plug brand besides NGK? 

I can not find either NGK LMAR8A/BI-9 in stock any where.

Has anyone else had issues finding NGK plugs in-stock?

• Global Moderator

@InsidiousHuman, I have had no issues getting the plugs from the dealer.  RevZilla also has them in stock. 

2015 Yamaha FZ-07 CYLINDER HEAD assembly detail & product fiche. Shop original factory replacement parts at RevZilla today!

• Like 1

NRWhiteKnight

You can also order them from sparkplugs.com.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

• Premium Member

I usually order the 4 pack from SixityAuto.com but they don't have them... DennisKirk has 'em, and sparkplugs.com has 'em too

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

• Premium Member

The cheapest I found the Iridiums was directly from NGK and received them in only a few days.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bartman5impson said:

I found NGK LMAR8A-9 (the model listed in the manual) at Oreilly's for $5.29 each. Total after shipping and tax was $17.57.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/copper-core-4441/ignition---tune-up-16776/spark-plug-12874/b14eb31b13d7/ngk-copper-core-spark-plug/4313/6231396

Considering the time & difficulty of replacing them plus the cost of 3 sets of stock plugs vs the price of single set of iridium plugs….. I felt it more cost effective to get the iridium plugs.  Unless I wasn't planning on keeping it long enough to have to deal with the next plugs change. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

bartman5impson
7 hours ago, DewMan said:

Considering the time & difficulty of replacing them plus the cost of 3 sets of stock plugs vs the price of single set of iridium plugs….. I felt it more cost effective to get the iridium plugs.  Unless I wasn't planning on keeping it long enough to have to deal with the next plugs change. ✌️

Are they really that hard to install? I can have all the plastics off in 3 minutes. From there it looks like all you have to do is move the gas tank out of the way and pull out the old spark plugs

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, bartman5impson said:

Are they really that hard to install? I can have all the plastics off in 3 minutes. From there it looks like all you have to do is move the gas tank out of the way and pull out the old spark plugs

You have done the easy part.  Getting the coils off and then getting a socket on the plugs is a bear.  Let us know how you do. Good luck. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Premium Member
cornerslider
On 8/10/2019 at 2:38 PM, DewMan said:

@DewMan, I'm sorry to resurrect a year old thread.... Do you happen to know the correct NGK "iridium" plug number that is a direct replacement for the NGK LAMR8A-9? I'm running non-oxygenated pump gas. I hate changing plugs, and don't plan to sell my bike anytime soon. Any help would be appreciated, thanks-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Never mind..... I found what i was looking for in an older thread 🙄. The Iridium NGK plug is: LMAR8BI-9

• Like 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"