The MT-07 Forum

My new Wr250r

Grant31781

I bought a 2018 Wr250r since  the MT 07 wanted  a sibling to play with.

It's a fun little bike to play on dirt roads and black top.

20190806_185521-2268x3024.jpg

• Like 4

My two (+ Honda Rebel) enjoy playing together. But they do fight over the battery tender.

Edited by robbo10
  • Haha 2

Just do it! 

Nice! Now you have something to ride in the snow in the winter to beat the winter blues, good choice! I'm jealous, you're going to have a lot of fun on that!

Beemer

3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Nice! Now you have something to ride in the snow in the winter to beat the winter blues, good choice! I'm jealous, you're going to have a lot of fun on that!

What snow! LOL  I am in South Georgia.  We do get an inch of snow for a day  at least once every 10 years.

It is a fun bike to play with on the dirt roads . Not bad on the pavement either. I think I want a KTM 500 EXCF or Honda CRF450L. Only problem with those is the price and maintenance schedules. The power would be nice though. 

2 hours ago, Grant31781 said:

What snow! LOL  I am in South Georgia.  We do get an inch of snow for a day  at least once every 10 years.

It is a fun bike to play with on the dirt roads . Not bad on the pavement either. I think I want a KTM 500 EXCF or Honda CRF450L. Only problem with those is the price and maintenance schedules. The power would be nice though. 

Ha, I didn't look at your location and assumed you were like most that get snow and the winter blues. What you have there is a good, anytime, anywhere , blues fighting machine. I was in Suches, GA. recently, what a nice place to ride! I wish I could've rode off-road to get a little closer to nature but the FZ just isn't cut out for riding back in there.

Beemer

• Premium Member

I still got my 2012 wr250f... Just a few weeks ago it got a brand new carb from LECTRON 😁... I don't ever recall this bike running so good before... over the years I have removed the battery, starter, lights, etc.... Still fires up via kicker...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I just sold my WR250R a few weeks ago.  Great little bike just not enough trails around me and I always find myself hopping on the FZ for the street anyway.  Good luck with it!

I rode 1.5 hours and 45 miles of dirt roads with about 20% being paved connector roads this morning. A giant buck almost ran me over! Talk about sharp looking horns! 

There are many miles of public dirt roads here. For the black top the bike is good and fun however the Mt07 is so much better on the black top. 

A WRF is a real dirt bike. What's a kicker? I have a magic button! Lol. The KTM 250 Xc is kick only since I removed the crappy starter on it. It's for sale. Too much bike for what i am doing. The WR works just as good.