The MT-07 Forum

JRI shock installed/with pics

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515
whoa. what the. i'm digging it. details?
     JRI Streetfighter/Remote Reservoir....$799.00, I have the first one....had to re-engineer the clevis for the FZ-07, but I made this one work.  They will sent me the proper clevis when they get it machined up and get it in there inventory.  Nice piece 8-) 

scordiaboy515
did you want to replace the shock, or was it one of those things where you tested it for them and got it for free or cheap? What kind of benefits do you see by replacing?
   The stock shock is junk (stock spring rate is 600lbs), I'm 220lbs and the stock spring rate is topped out for about a 180lb rider.  I will be doing track days with this bike and good suspension is a must.  I got a little discount but not anything to speak of.  Marcus @ JRI is great to work with.  The spring rate for the new shock is 700lbs. 

scordiaboy515
pardon my ignorance, but what does that mean as far as ride? Less "dipping"? I'm 210lbs and havent seemed to notice anything "lacking". I'm also not a track rider though, so that could be it
   Never heard that term before, the issue with all stock suspensions front and rear is compression and rebound dampening. The stock shock does not follow the contour of the road surface....hops, skips over bumps among other crazy things, not to mention they are under sprung so the shock is overwhelmed from the git go. When you really push the bike in a corner you will notice it 8-) 

• Premium Member

The rear shock is basically the last thing I've got left to sort out on the bike. Emulator kit for the front is on the way.

Can the reservoir be mounted on the RH side as well as the left? I'm not a heavy rider, but all will benefit from improved suspension. Let us know how it performs after you log a few miles.

Everything went braap.

scordiaboy515
The rear shock is basically the last thing I've got left to sort out on the bike. Emulator kit for the front is on the way. 
Can the reservoir be mounted on the RH side as well as the left? I'm not a heavy rider, but all will benefit from improved suspension. Let us know how it performs after you log a few miles.
  Yes, the hose has a swivel where it mounts to the shock.  Absolutely....I will log some miles over the weekend :D 

What was your swap out procedure? How did you remove/install the shocks?
Particularly unweighting of the wheel to slide the bolts out?

scordiaboy515
What was your swap out procedure? How did you remove/install the shocks? Particularly unweighting of the wheel to slide the bolts out?
  The way I did it was to put jack stands underneath the plates that the pegs mount to, you will need a race stand with some kind of wooden shims underneath the stand rollers to get the bike high enough to get the jack stands to the proper height.9fQ4Uu1.jpg...suHGIKq.jpg 

scordiaboy515
Can you mount the reservoir and still keep the passenger pegs?
    Without trying it myself, you should be able to.....you might have to clamp or zip tie the reservoir to the inside of the pass. peg bracket.  You can also fab up a plate to go between the pass peg bracket and the sub frame to mount the hose clamps...food for thought, hope this helps 

scordiaboy515
What have you done to the forks?
   I have the parts sitting on my kitchen table (Traxxion Dynamics damper rods,springs and emulator kit)...will install them here shortly.  The riding season is pretty much over so no rush.  Put about 150 miles on the bike with the new rear shock and it's a world of difference....did not run any mountain curves tho 

scordiaboy515
Pretty sweet looking shock.
     yup yup, real happy with it, what else I like about it....it's a 50 clicker, they simplify the adjustments by integrating the compression and rebound all in one, so there's no high speed/low speed adjusting of each. So you don't have to be a suspension engineer to adjust this shock.....if it's too stiff back off 5 clicks and vice versa. 

• 4 weeks later...
scordiaboy515

Boxed up the JRI shock once again and sent it back to Marcus at JRI.  The final design dimensions are in the the new clevis is machined and in stock.  Should get it back by end of next week.  I really enjoyed helping JRI develop this shock. :)

scordiaboy515
Good deal.  should fit nicely, once in.
curious what your impressions were?
I have my Penske going in soon.
    Initial impression was good.....when I mounted it the first time winter had already set in.  Went for a few short rides but nothing of any pace.....did not build any heat in the tires or warmed up the fluid in the suspension.  Will not be able to maximize the better rebounding with stock front end till I install the Traxxion drop in kit.  Planning my first track day to be the last weekend of March...will have all the goodies installed and prolly a PCV also....so until that time can't give any accurate evaluation. 8-) 

Planning my first track day to be the last weekend of March...will have all the goodies installed and prolly a PCV also....so until that time can't give any accurate evaluation. 8-)
Suckers living up north, not sure if I want to go to Homestead Sunday or Palm Beach PBIR the next weekend, maybe both, decisions, have some stuff to install myself. Looking forward to your review.

Archived