The MT-07 Forum

0-60 & 1/4 Mile Stats

Beemer

Someone was asking about the top speed of our FZ/MT07 the other day and I figured someone in the future would ask what the bike's 0-60 time is and how fast it is in the quarter mile. Someone may also wonder if the newer MT's are faster than the older ones. Maybe this will help.

The #1 resource for Yamaha Motorcycle 0-60 & quarter mile times offering a comprehensive index of Yamaha specs including the...

• Like 5

Beemer

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Beemer said:

Someone was asking about the top speed of our FZ/MT07 the other day and I figured someone in the future would ask what the bike's 0-60 time is and how fast it is in the quarter mile. Someone may also wonder if the newer MT's are faster than the older ones. Maybe this will help.

The #1 resource for Yamaha Motorcycle 0-60 & quarter mile times offering a comprehensive index of Yamaha specs including the...

I know of a guy in tulsa Oklahoma area thats doing the QT/M under 12' with just a toce pipe and a 2wdw tune, he shows his ticket online and has said, Said, he's leaving R6's behind, now I take that with some scepticism as it maybe down to rider ability R/T and a little boasting, but I'll take his word for what it is, he put up videos also. Granted he is short and light. I'd like to go over to Tulsa to see it, but they run them at like midnight or something like that, on friday nights. Sorry, I'm too old for that, I'm in bed after a few beers by then on a friday night.

I think the MT-07 with a little work could be a mid 11 machine, certainly sub 12. I have owned a GXSR600, I currently also have a Triumph 675R Street. The 600 class super sports are at a slight disadvantage to the MT-07 in that they have all of their considerably more power way up above 10,000 RPM. So once they have an opportunity to wind up and put their aero advantage to work it is game over for the little MT-07. My 675R will eat the MT-07 alive, all over, sub 11 with a little work and skill. It comes on hard through the mid-range and just builds all the way up to near 12,000 RPM, same weight weight and a 44 plus horsepower advantage. But, the MT-07 is a wheelie monster, snappy, fun bike that is plenty of performance in real world speeds, 0-60 and especially 1/4 mile times are not the full measure of what makes a bike fun, the critter has personality with a naughty twist. 

• Like 2

With roughly 150hp and 100tq the FJR1300 is quite stout. It's heft will help prevent wheelies while it also makes tons of traction. 

It's hard to keep the front of a 07 down to turn out a good 0-60mph time. I keep practicing and occasionally get a good, clean launch. Lots of fun when it all comes together!

Poor lil TW200... haha

• Premium Member

But that little CP3 motor is a bruiser... 840cc punching above it's weight into liter bike power... 

I have ran low-mid 12 on the FZ-07 launching in 2nd gear...and have ran high 10s on the FJ-09 w/ -1T front sprocket...

The bikes run best on a reg ole street surface vs a prep surface for slicks(sticky enough to pull loose shoes off) for me... 

Now in the 1/8 mile is a whole nother ball game for alot of bikes vs the 1/4mile...🙃

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I’ve seen 07s run sub-12 with the usual mods. It all comes down to launch, traction, rider weight and aerodynamics.

Ah if only I was lucky enough to live at a low enough elevation that I could run a sub 12 second 1/4... without correcting for DA lol.

Edited by 208MT07

11 hours ago, fzar said:

I know of a guy in tulsa Oklahoma area thats doing the QT/M under 12' with just a toce pipe and a 2wdw tune, he shows his ticket online and has said, Said, he's leaving R6's behind, now I take that with some scepticism as it maybe down to rider ability R/T and a little boasting, but I'll take his word for what it is, he put up videos also. Granted he is short and light. I'd like to go over to Tulsa to see it, but they run them at like midnight or something like that, on friday nights. Sorry, I'm too old for that, I'm in bed after a few beers by then on a friday night.

It's to be expected I guess, there's always one with a little bravado in his or her story and I don't doubt his quarter mile times since he has the tickets to prove what he says but I would need to see some good videos that show how good the other riders on those R6's are before I believe his Cinderella story is real. BTW, high 11's on this bike is real good, I'll give him that! Do you know of a link to his videos? I'd love to see them as well as others, I'm sure. Thanks!

Beemer