The MT-07 Forum

Anodizing racing exhaust

Bdiddy

Wintersdark

Never heard of them.  Anodizing Racing is the Amazon store, though, it's not the exhaust manufacturer (or at least not the muffler manufacturer?) as they also sell 2 Brothers systems and others.  This one is basically an inexpensive knockoff system.

It'll be lighter and look better, and (depending on taste anyways) likely sound a lot better than the stock system - which looks terrible, weighs a ton, and sounds... Well, it's quiet at least.  With that said, you have to be realistic about your expectations here.  Performance wise it'll probably be fine (after all, it's basically just a straight pipe) but you'll need a tune/ECU flash.  I'd expect it to not be a good grade of stainless steel.  It'll almost certainly rust.  Maybe not; but it's *really* cheap compared to even low cost quality options like the Black Widow systems.  

If I were looking at this, I'd keep in the back of my mind the possibility of wrapping the exhaust.  I wouldn't immediately, but if it started to rust or mark up badly, I certainly would.  $180 + $20 of sexy exhaust wrap and you're still only into it for $200, which is still stupid cheap for a full exhaust system.

• Like 3

No clue about how well the pips are made, I'd guess that you'll get your money's worth at $180. As mentioned above, a wrap is a good, cheap way to cover/protect pipes but if you don't like the looks of wrapped pipes you can ceramic coat them for about the same price. More labor intensive but nothing hard, just takes more time.

• Like 1

Beemer

I know you are asking specifically about the Anodizing exhaust from Amazon/ Ebay, but allow me to chime in - strongly consider the Black Widow option first.

I was in the same boat as you in considering a new exhaust for my 2015, and almost pulled to trigger on the Anodizing brand, but am so glad I didn't.  Just happened to come across one in a parking lot nearby, and the owner didn't seem to love it - not the easiest to install he claimed, and it sounded less than ideal.  Way loud without the insert, and rattled with it in (he kept it on him just in case he got pulled over).

I decide then and there to spend 2x the amount for a purportedly better exhaust, and I am glad I did.  The Black Widow is much better constructed, went on easily, looks great, and sounds fantastic (I am currently running the insert).  My example is below, and it got to me in 4 days from Britain (shipping was included in the purchase price), although I don't know how.  I highly recommend!

s-l400.jpg

Silencer Code: SL20R. XSR 700 2018, 2019 models. FZ 07 Tracer 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. Silencer Material: 304 Grade Polished Stainless Steel +...

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had the exhaust for around 6 months now. Im one for loud bikes and it is decently loud without the insert. with the insert in, you have to remove a small cover on the back of the insert (just a small screw) or else it will rattle, but after will make it quiet. One downfall ive found so far is that i cant seem to find any advise for tuning it. ive been tuning it based off the Yoshi specs as that seems to be the closest name comparison. The header and midpipe turned gold after about 3 days. i removed it after and added a layer of hi temp clear coat and its stayed that way. im sure unprotected it would not fair well over time.