The MT-07 Forum

Need help with restricting

Grevus

Hey.

I'm trying to restrict my mt07 and in the kit came these rings that I think are supposed to be mounted in the air hose. If someone could please explain how I'm supposed to do this I would be very thankful. Please look at the images.

Edited by sorkyah
Removed broken link

• Global Moderator

I apologise for editing your post, but the link was broken. 

And yes, the rings are placed before the throttle bodies in the intake runners. 

You have a bit of disassembly ahead of you it seems

Good luck and have fun with it

If you get stuck, ask and you shall receive help

Oh, and welcome to the forum 

Maybe drop a pin and let other know your territory for rides/whatnot or post in the welcome/new user thread

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

@Grevus, I am curious why you are trying to restrict your bike.  If you want less power why not just reduce how much the throttle can open?

• Like 1

topazsparrow
19 hours ago, mjh937 said:

@Grevus, I am curious why you are trying to restrict your bike.  If you want less power why not just reduce how much the throttle can open?

I'm also curious. I asked in his other thread he started since successfully installing the restrictor and he replied saying that it was due to EU laws, but the bike would have to be sold restricted in such a case.

I'm fascinated to know the details as to why someone would need or want to do this and under what circumstances the bike wouldn't already be restricted if it was a legal issue in the area the bike was sold.

3 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

I'm also curious. I asked in his other thread he started since successfully installing the restrictor and he replied saying that it was due to EU laws, but the bike would have to be sold restricted in such a case.

I'm fascinated to know the details as to why someone would need or want to do this and under what circumstances the bike wouldn't already be restricted if it was a legal issue in the area the bike was sold.

Basically if you buy the bike it's rideable with an A license but since I have an A2 license I'm not allowed to use the full power of the bike so to be legally allowed to use it i have to restrict it.

12 hours ago, Grevus said:

Basically if you buy the bike it's rideable with an A license but since I have an A2 license I'm not allowed to use the full power of the bike so to be legally allowed to use it i have to restrict it.

Sounds like a throttle stop would suffice then, right? You just cannot shove something in the intake tract and expect the ECU to be okay with it

Just now, cyow5 said:

Sounds like a throttle stop would suffice then, right? You just cannot shove something in the intake tract and expect the ECU to be okay with it

I also installed a device that controls how much gas and air is used.

I'm no advocate of breaking the law, but you can't be slick with it?  How does your gov verify power output?

• Premium Member

It's my understanding the dealership installs free of charge it seems and gives you a certified paper saying it's A2 approved... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

If you look at my Australian post on derestricting our model you can see where they go.  And give you some ideas.

And yes, the ECU will be happy with it ( if you restrict the throttle stop as well), and yes, it really does make a gigantic difference to the power. See the Dyno charts on that link.

Some stuff on the airbox tango as well.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...