The MT-07 Forum

What Type of Battery Should I Buy?

Beemer

For anyone asking the question of what battery they should buy I'm providing this video. I hope it helps, GL! Stay frosty!

• Like 1

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

For anyone asking the question of what battery they should buy I'm providing this video. I hope it helps, GL! Stay frosty!

Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
firstyammerha

fwiw, my 5-1/2 year old oem battery is still showing 12.9 v (couple of days after charging). This bike is ridden less than 1000 miles a year.  When it's time to replace it, I'll go with a Yuasa oem replacement. Update 1/22: I bought a Yuasa-I thought-YTZ10S from BatteryMart on the web using their battery selection questionnaire and the replacement battery is not a Yuasa but their house brand. The terminals are directly opposite the stock oem Yuasa location and fitting is turning out to be hopeless. I returned it and I'll have to give them some kudos in that they took it back and ate the freight. Conversing with Yuasa has been a waste of time.This is turning out to be a nightmare.

Edited by firstyammerha
  • Like 1

nacapster

Since it's a bike used in warm weather I'd go Earth X Lithium. It would shave about 10 lbs off the bike, or at least it does on sleds.

https://earthxbatteries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ETX18F-Product-Spec.pdf

ETX18F-Front-scaled.jpg

The EarthX ETX18F weighs in at only 2.2# with 340 Peak Cranking Amps! Excellent choice for increase power and decrease weight!

Anybody know how much the stock battery weighs off hand?

Edited by nacapster

firstyammerha

did a quick search of the mfr's site and this battery is $229 plus a $12.00 adaptor piece for cable attachment. looks like a quality piece but the oem battery serves my purpose best. thanks for the post.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:10 PM, nacapster said:

Since it's a bike used in warm weather I'd go Earth X Lithium. It would shave about 10 lbs off the bike, or at least it does on sleds.

https://earthxbatteries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ETX18F-Product-Spec.pdf

ETX18F-Front-scaled.jpg

The EarthX ETX18F weighs in at only 2.2# with 340 Peak Cranking Amps! Excellent choice for increase power and decrease weight!

Anybody know how much the stock battery weighs off hand?

Really in the whole realm of things does that weight really matter?   For probably 95+% of the riders it is a resounding no.  I know I'd benefit more by losing the 10 lb myself and spend the money difference to knock a big chunk off of the cost of a gym membership for a year.

But, of course, that's just me.  Maybe you can benefit tremendously, I don't know.

Edited by klx678

• 9 months later...
firstyammerha

Lithium batteries seem to have a number of "quirks" too. Like turning on accessories to warm them up before pushing the start button.